CITY OF CUPERTINO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Building Attendant - Cupertino Senior Center
Part-Time Temporary Non-Benefited Position
The City of Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department has openings for a Building Attendant
POSITION: Building Attendant (Part-Time Temporary Non-Benefited Position)
HOURS PER WEEK: 15 to 20 hours (approximate)
SALARY RANGE: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE: Open Until Filled
City of Cupertino is recruiting for customer service-oriented individuals to staff the Cupertino Senior Center. This position opening is assigned primarily to the Cupertino Senior Center, and may occasionally staff other City of Cupertino facilities and/or special events. Under limited supervision of a Recreation Coordinator, the Building Attendant is responsible for setting-up/taking-down rooms for programs and events, opening and closing buildings, assisting facility rental customers in operating audio-visual equipment, monitoring facility usage for compliance with building rules and rental parameters, greeting rental customers, and completing pre-event and post-event inspections and paperwork. May perform additional duties as assigned. The schedule will vary from week to week based on facility rentals and programs. Hours are primarily evenings and weekends.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Prepare, open, and close facilities for reservations, programs, special events and public use.
2. Arrange furniture and equipment for events; ensure set-up is correct.
3. Set-up audio/visual equipment.
4. Remove trash in and around buildings.
5. Guard against abuse to all City building facilities.
6. Perform related work as required.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Excellent customer service techniques.
1. Basic principles and practices of custodial work.
2. Supplies and equipment used on the job.
3. General procedures of audio/visual equipment.
4. Standards of efficient and safe work.
1. Meet time deadlines.
2. Follow written directions and drawings in setting-up rooms and facilities for programs or events.
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
4. Follow and understand written and oral instructions.
5. Establish and maintain building security.
6. Work independently, often with limited supervision or direction.
7. Adhere to the safety procedures, practices, and policies of the City.Perform physical activities that require substantial use of body, arms, and/or legs. On a continuous basis, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and reach. Lift or carry weight of 50 pounds or less.
Experience and Education:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Customer service experience a plus
Licenses and Certifications:
Posession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver’s license.
Current CPR and First Aid certification. (CPR and First Aid certification and re-certification will be offered to new employees within the first six months of employment.)
Applicants must complete an official City of Cupertino application and supplemental application and return to Human Resources or apply online at www.calopps.org. Final Filing Date: Until Filled. Applications will be screened according to the qualifications outlined in this job announcement. Applicants possessing the most desirable qualifications will be invited to continue in the selection process, which may include a written examination and/or panel interview. The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. City employment applications may be obtained from the City of Cupertino Human Resources Division, 10300 Torre Ave., Cupertino, CA, by calling (408) 777-3227, or by visiting our website at www.cupertino.org. To apply online, visit www.calopps.org. Completed City employment applications and supporting materials must be received by the City’s Human Resources Division no later than the final filing date. Postmarks or late applications will not be accepted. Applications received through fax transmission by the final filing date are acceptable only on the condition that the original application is received no later than by 5 p.m. one week following the closing date. Applications must be filled out completely. Failure to list work experience or stating “See Resume” in the employment history section of the application will be considered an incomplete application and subject to rejection. Resumes may be attached separately. Appointment to this position is contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical paid for by the City, a pre-employment fingerprinted criminal history records check and the ability to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States. The City of Cupertino is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER