CITY OF CUPERTINO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Recreation and Community Services Dept., 10185 N. Stelling Rd., Cupertino, CA, 95014 (408) 777-3120
Human Resources, 10300 Torre Ave., Cupertino CA, 95014
Part-Time Temporary Non-Benefited Position
Work hours limited to a maximum of 995 hours per fiscal year.
The City of Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department has openings in the following: Building Attendant.
Position: Building Attendant
Approximate hours per week: 10 to 20 hours
Salary Range: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour
Definition: This position opening is assigned primarily to Community Hall and the Quinlan Community Center, and may occasionally staff other City of Cupertino facilities and/or special events. Under limited supervision of a Recreation Coordinator, the Building Attendant is responsible for setting-up/taking-down rooms for programs and events, opening and closing buildings, assisting facility rental customers in operating audio-visual equipment, monitoring facility usage for compliance with building rules and rental parameters, greeting rental customers, and completing pre-event and post-event inspections and paperwork. May perform additional duties as assigned. The schedule will vary from week to week based on facility rentals and programs. Hours are primarily evenings and weekends.
Examples of duties:
1. Prepare, open, and close facilities for reservations, programs, special events and public use.
2. Arrange furniture and equipment for events; ensure set-up is correct.
3. Set-up audio/visual equipment.
4. Remove trash in and around buildings.
5. Guard against abuse to all City building facilities.
6. Perform related work as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Excellent customer service techniques.
1. Basic principles and practices of custodial work.
2. Supplies and equipment used on the job.
3. General procedures of audio/visual equipment.
4. Standards of efficient and safe work.
1. Meet time deadlines.
2. Follow written directions and drawings in setting-up rooms and facilities for programs or events.
3. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
4. Follow and understand written and oral instructions.
5. Establish and maintain building security.
6. Work independently, often with limited supervision or direction.
7. Adhere to the safety procedures, practices, and policies of the City.
Physical Requirements: Perform physical activities that require substantial use of body, arms, and/or legs. On a continuous basis, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and reach. Lift or carry weight of 50 pounds or less.
Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and have, or have the ability to get a Class C California driver?s license. Must be CPR and First Aid certified within the first six months of employment.
How to Apply
Applications may be picked up and returned to the following offices or submit an application online.
Quinlan Community Center, 10185 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino City Hall, Human Resources, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014
Applications accepted until all positions are filled.
Selection Procedure: Applicants will be screened by: A) a review of their written application; B) an oral interview; and C) State law requires that if your position will bring you into contact with minors (i.e., those under 18), you must complete a fingerprinted criminal history records check. D) Successful applicants will also need to show proof of current T.B. test. All applications must be typewritten or handwritten in black ink.
The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person?s race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submital of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER