The City of Daly City invites your interest in the position of Director of Finance & Administrative Services.
Application filing deadline Monday, July 20, 2020
Preliminary Interviews- Early August 2020
Final Interview Process--TBA
Please attach a resume and cover letter with your application
The ideal candidate has been described as having the following style and attributes:
- A visionary with the highest integrity, who believes in transparency, promotes high ethical values, and works well with the City Manager, Mayor/City Council, and the community;
- An innovator who is current on technology and committed to utilizing it to its fullest;
- A leader who can effectively allocate resources and is committed to maintain excellent customer service;
- A professional who will be a positive public face of the Department, is well-respected by the finance staff, and is an effective organizer;
- A collaborator with other Department Directors and a problem-solver;
- A mentor who is committed to training and career development for self and all staff members;
- A motivator who maintains an atmosphere of team work where work is productive and enjoyable, and provides employees with information, resources, and incentives, as well as a respectful and fair work environment
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, and desirably a Master’s degree and CPA, in accounting, public or business administration or a related field. In addition, progressive executive level responsibility is desirable in finance administration, accounting, auditing, budget administration, purchasing and risk management, long-range financial forecasting, debt and investment strategies, and labor negotiations. Experience with information technology and computer software systems is highly desirable.
This is an excellent career opportunity for individuals who have a breadth of financial management experience in various agencies as a division head, Deputy Director, or Director. While experience in municipal finance is highly desirable, a combination of public and private sector experience is acceptable as well.
Excellent PERS benefit package!
Generous Compensation package includes:
· Retirement: CalPERS Classic members 3% @ 60 (single highest year), CalPERS New Members 2%@62 (three year final compensation)
· Health & Welfare: The City offers a cafeteria plan to employees and provides a monthly contribution based on CalPERS Kaiser Region 1 Rate and the selected tier of coverage. (100% of CalPERS Kaiser employee only, 95% of Kaiser employee +1 and 95% of employee + family). City offers dental, term life, short/long term disability plans and vision reimbursement program. Section 125 options available.
· Cigna Dental: max annual, $1500; max lifetime orthodontia, $ 2,000
· Basic Term Life Insurance: $40,000
· Vision Reimbursement Program: $150/year
· Holidays: 11 paid/yr (88 hrs)
· Vacation: Employees accrue 13 days after 1 year of employment
- 18 days after 5 years
- 23 days after 13 years
- 28 days after 21 years
Management employees receive additional 5 days vacation annually at time of appointment
· Uniform allowance: $900
A completed City of Daly City application must be submitted, with a resume and a letter of interest outlining in detail your education, training and experience which qualify you as a highly capable candidate for this professional opportunity, no later than July 20, 2020 to the Director of Human Resources 295- 89th Street, Suite 105 Daly City, CA 94015. Telephone (650) 991-8028 FAX (650) 991-8228