Town of Danville
PROGRAM LEADER/SPORTS AND FITNESS
Salary: $11.00 to $14.06 an hour
Non-benefited position, DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Danville, California
Part-time temporary, non-benefited position
15-20 hours per week, not to exceed 950 hours per calendar year
Predominantly afternoon/ evening schedule, some weekends
The Town seeks gym monitors, scorekeepers, and leaders for a variety of youth and adult sports. Sports may include, but are not limited to: basketball, softball, bocce ball, and kickball. Sports knowledge is preferred. All staff will be cross-trained for multiple sports. CPR/FA certification is recommended but not required. This position works directly under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and Program Assistant.
* Scorekeeping and gym monitoring
* Completing program score sheets, reports, and timesheets according to deadlines
* Attending monthly staff meetings
* Various tasks related to the implementation of sports programs
* Reliable and dependable
* Good social skills to communicate with managers, coaches, parents, and children
* Team player
* Work independently
* Flexible and willing to teach and learn
Applications will be reviewed and acted upon as received. Position is open until filled. Incomplete or invalid applications will not be considered. The most qualified applicants will be invited to a formal interview.
This is a part time, non-benefited position.