PROGRAM ASSISTANT (SPORTS & FACILITIES)
Salary Range: $14.06 to 23.88/hour, DOE
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefitted position; 15-20 hours per week (not to exceed 950 hours per fiscal year); flexible schedule, includes some evenings and weekends
The Town of Danville is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Program Assistant in the Recreation, Arts & Community Services Department. The primary function of the position is to support the Program Coordinators with tasks related to youth and adult sports and facilities management. This position is regularly scheduled for 15-20 hours a week, including some evenings and weekend shifts. Actual hours assigned may be increased or decreased at any time depending upon the needs of the program or department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Program Assistant receives direct supervision from the Sports & Facilities Coordinator and/or Recreation Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The following duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of a specific statement on duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all the duties listed. Employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level as required.
- Plan and execute duties related to sports and fitness leagues, camps, and special interest classes, seasonal programs, and sports-related special events for all ages.
- Recommend and coordinate purchase of program supplies and equipment.
- Train staff in specific job duties and responsivities related to scorekeeping and gym monitoring.
- Assist with the development of league programs, including scheduling of practices and/or games, entering scores, and restocking equipment as needed.
- Work within the guidelines of an established budget.
- Receive and process incoming facility reservation inquiries for the Town of Danville.
- Meet & assist customers with facility tours.
- Provide strong customer service while answering phone calls & written correspondence.
- Ensure all required documents are submitted per the Facility Use Guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of facility equipment and purchase new items as need.
Organizing leagues in a variety of sports; Rules & regulations related to sports leagues; Have computer knowledge of Word and Excel; must have current valid California drivers’ license. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.Ability to:
- Lift 30 lbs.
Prior to the start of employment, applicants must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States, current (negative) TB test results, and successfully pass a background check (LiveScan).
Qiana London, Human Resources Analyst
Contact Phone: (925) 314-3356
Contact Email: email@example.com