PROGRAM LEADER (Theatre Technician)
Salary Range: $12.00 to 14.06/hour, DOE
- This is a part-time temporary, non-benefitted position.
- Flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends; not-to-exceed 950 hours per calendar year.
- This position is located at Village Theatre and Art Gallery.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
General supervision is received from Program Coordinator. This position does not exercise supervision over others.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Essential duties are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee and assist renters and various user groups during events in Town facilities.
- Operate lighting and/or sound equipment.
- Box office management, reporting, and cash handling.
- Maintain and keep facility clean and in good working order during and after events.
- Take pictures and video of Town programs, rentals and co-sponsor groups for Town publications and marketing platforms.
Applicants must have successfully completed twelfth grade and be at least 18 years old with two years of experience in live performance theatre, with experience in operating theatrical lighting and sound or has taken relative coursework. Set construction, production management and/or stage management is a plus.
- Operations, services and activities of technical operations of theatre programs.
- Theatre pre-performance, performance, and post-performance activities.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment, including computers and applicable software applications.
- Work flexible hours, including weekends or holidays.
- Lift 50 pounds; carry 30 pounds.
- Perform duties with OSHA standards.
LICENSE(S) AND CERTIFICATION(S)
Possession of a valid California State Driver’s License, or license in another state with the ability to obtain a California license within 30 days of hire. Prior to the start of employment, must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States, current (negative) TB test results, and successfully pass a background check (Live Scan).
Jessica Wallner, Program Supervisor