Program Assistant - Receptionist
Salary Range: $14.06 - $23.88/hour, depending on experience
Perform a wide variety of general clerical and/or operational support duties at the Danville Community Center, such as serve as a receptionist, operate a telephone system and assist/direct callers and visitors according to established procedures.
- This is a part-time temporary, non-benefitted position.
- 10-20 hours per week; not-to-exceed 950 hours per calendar year.
General supervision is received from the Administrative Secretary with indirect supervision from the Program Supervisor. May exercise supervision of part-time personnel and volunteers as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Essential duties are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Deal directly with the public and internal staff.
- Provide information to the walk-in public.
- Provide support for program/class registrations and facility reservations.
- Assist at the Danville Senior Center front desk as needed.
- Provide administrative support on special projects, as assigned.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have strong computer skills and excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the year.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office methods, procedures and equipment, including office automation hardware and software.
- File management.
- Word processing (Microsoft Word) and data processing systems, including Microsoft Outlook.
- Have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain a welcoming environment in busy office.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One (1) year of experience performing standard clerical and secretarial duties. Prior experience as a receptionist in a related field preferred.
The equivalent of the successful completion of the twelfth grade; some college experience preferred.