Temporary Maintenance Worker – Parks & Roadsides
Perform a variety of general maintenance services for parks and roadsides and other areas as assigned within the Town.
- This is a part-time temporary, non-benefitted position.
- Flexible schedule up to 29 hours per week, which may include weekend work; not-to-exceed 950 hours per calendar year.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General supervision is received from the Maintenance Supervisor. May exercise supervision of Work Alternative Program participants as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Essential duties are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Clean up trash in and around Town-maintained park and roadside areas.
- Operate a variety of equipment, including: half ton and three-quarter ton trucks, Cushman and golf cart (or similar) vehicles, blowers and other two-cycle equipment, and hand tools (i.e., shovel, rake, hoe, etc.).
- Periodically groom sports fields and bocce ball courts with equipment and/or machinery provided.
- Prepare baseball fields and bocce ball courts for league play.
- Assist Maintenance Services personnel on assigned projects.
- Perform duties within OSHA standards.
- Construction and maintenance materials, methods, and terminology.
- The use, purposes and maintenance of hand tools; and the operation of light and moderately heavy power-driven equipment in performing duties.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work both in a supervised and unsupervised environment.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods of time; and operate under tight deadlines.
- Lift equipment and materials up to 50 lbs.
- Work flexible hours.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Equivalent to completion of the eighth grade. Graduation from high school or equivalent is preferred.
Landscape and/or irrigation maintenance experience is desirable.
LICENCE(S) AND CERTIFICATION(S)
Possession of a valid California State Driver’s License, or license in another state with the ability to obtain a California license within 30 days of hire and good driving record.
Dave Casteel, Maintenance Services Director