Under general supervision, performs slide dispatch duties in enforcing water slide procedures, City public swimming pool rules and monitoring patron conduct; perform emergency rescue and lifesaving techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Enforce waterslide rules and proper rider position, swimming pool rules and regulations, including ensuring orderly conduct by pool patrons;
• Assist patrons who are in distress and administer a variety of first aid and/or life saving techniques, as appropriate;
• Assist in maintaining waterslides are in a safe and clean condition;
• Preform safety checks of the waterslides;
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. Education: There is no educational requirement for this class; equivalent to completion of two years of high school is desirable; At time of hire, must be 16 years of age or older.
2. Experience: Demonstrated experience in skilled aquatic activities is desirable.
• Use and care of lifesaving techniques and equipment used at public swimming pools.
• Learn and enforce waterslide operational procedures, City swimming pool rules, regulations, and policies;
• Perform lifesaving and emergency first aid techniques and practices; engage in physical activity;
• Follow written and oral instructions. Communicate in an effective manner;
• Exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with pool patrons;
• Deal with difficult or stressful situations in a calm and professional manner;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
1. Any offer of employment to an adult who will have direct contact with minors is conditional upon submission of a completed fingerprint screening and a satisfactory background check.
2. Current certification in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED; Administering Emergency Oxygen.
3. This classification is designated as a Mandatory Reporter; Completion of Mandatory Reporter training is required within one month of employment.
Other than statutory law, AB1522 (CA Paid Sick Leave law), there are no benefits for part-time, temporary/seasonal position.
The physical standards described are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and instructions, observe, identify, and report operational problems.
On an intermittent basis, sit in lifeguard station for long periods of time; stand, walk, and bend while monitoring various swimming activities; squat, climb, kneel and twist intermittently when setting up various programs; perform various swimming techniques; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; and lift or carry weight of 100 pounds or less.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The best-qualified candidates, as determined by an initial screening of applications, will be invited to participate in an interview process which will consist of written and/or oral components. The City reserves the right to test an applicant in any other manner to determine suitability and to alter any aspect of the selection process. Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job description does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Pursuant to the City’s Personnel Rules Section 24.2, the City retains the right to take appropriate steps to avoid inappropriate working relationships among relatives.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In accordance with Federal and State laws, the City of Dublin does not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin rage, religion, sex or sexual orientation.