This is a non-sworn entry level classification in that the duties do not require certifications or degrees. It is not intended to be a training step for any other classification. The Pandemic Support Aide is distinguished from all other citywide positions in terms of range of responsibilities, degree of independence, and required experience in that this position is being posted solely to respond to a State of Emergency and worldwide pandemic. Incumbents are trained and supervised by the Management Analyst II staff utilizing best management practices, which may change frequently as new information arises. This is a maximum of 18 hours a week position.
Vaccines are one of public health’s greatest achievements. Vaccines help prevent disease and help keep Californians of all ages healthy. The California Department of Public Health Immunization Program provides leadership and support to public sector efforts to protect the City of East Palo Alto population against vaccine-preventable diseases such as COVID-19.
The Pandemic Support Aide (PSA) performs a variety of duties necessary for the successful operation of the distribution of the vaccines to protect against vaccine-preventable diseases through the California COVID-19 Vaccination Program in East Palo Alto.
These positions are primarily "outreach and support" of the vaccination program and the Curative testing.
Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Provide door-to-door, telephone, an in-person educational outreach regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic, with prioritization set by supervisor.
- Provide outreach to the community residents of East Palo Alto in our efforts to protect the population against vaccine-preventable diseases by assisting with a variety of duties necessary for the successful operation of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
- Perform community relations duties such as answering telephones and interacting with the public to obtain and/or provide information and assistance, retrieving information and researching citizens’ questions.
- Provide support and help increase the healthy behavior of residents and the community regarding Coronavirus readiness to stop the spread and obtain proper testing when appropriate.
- Complete forms, written reports, files, and maintain records.
- Transport supplies to various locations as needed.
- Coordinate with the City’s Coronavirus Outreach Team and other agencies, when appropriate, regarding issues.
- Provide outreach and support of the vaccination program and COVID-19 testing.
- Utilizing City-provided computers and equipment, support registration of residents to appropriate testing opportunities, and supplying currently available outreach.
- Under the guidance of City Staff, provide self-administered Coronavirus Testing to community members at City designated events.
- Set up and take down event canopies, tents, tables, chairs, as needed
- Operate departmental vehicles as needed.
- May provide bilingual services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
High School Diploma and/or course work towards GED equivalent. Medical education is highly desirable but not required.
Progressively responsible related customer service or other type of public contact experience in a public or non-profit agency and performing duties that are closely related to the essential functions of this classification (e.g., problem solving, written, clerical, record keeping, file maintenance and computer skills), and equivalent work experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid California Class C Driver’s License or higher and an acceptable driving record. Will be required to drive a City vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this employment opportunity, please complete the City Application by applying at www.Calopps.org where you may complete your application online.
For additional information visit our website at: www.cityofepa.org