$15.27-$23.27 / hour
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part-time at-will position working less than 950 hours per fiscal year and is non-benefited.
Must possess a valid state of California Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B-P (passenger endorsement)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The City of Emeryville’s Community Services Department is seeking customer-service oriented people interested in working on an on-call basis providing transportation for seniors to various locations and attractions within the San Francisco Bay Area. Drivers assist passengers to board/unboard the bus. Hours vary based on scheduled excursions and will not exceed 16 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Drive seniors with a City furnished 22-passenger bus to and from the Emeryville Senior Center to various locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area; greet passengers in a cheerful manner; assist passengers in and out of the City vehicle; maintain order on the bus; observe all traffic, City/Department, and other applicable rules and regulations; report any mechanical problems or damage to immediate supervisor; check and maintain cleanliness of bus interior; empty trash container; fuel and check/inspect fluid levels prior to each trip; and perform other related duties as assigned.
The IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Able to safely operate a 22-passenger bus in accordance with traffic laws.
- Able to assist passengers in boarding/unboarding the bus.
- Able to deal effectively and courteously with the public and co-workers.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain a clean and neat personal appearance.
- Able to maintain an acceptable and appropriate driving record and appropriate license.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
The knowledge of and ability to operate a bus wheelchair is a requirement of this position.
Must be available and dependable with a history of good attendance.
The physical standards described are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, fuel and operate a 22-passenger bus; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to bend, twist, lift, walk, stand. While performing duties, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret information and interact with City employees and the public.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of grade 12 or above.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Some experience working with seniors is desirable.
LICENSES CERTIFICATES; SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must possess a valid state of California Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class
B-P (passenger endorsement)
• Certification in Standard First Aid and CPR (desirable)
All applicants must submit a completed City of Emeryville/MESA application, a comprehensive resume, and a copy of your Class B license online at www.calopps.org (paper applications will not be accepted). For more information about the City of Emeryville, you can visit the city's website at www.emeryville.org. If you have any questions about this position please contact, Brad Helfenberger, Youth & Adult Services Manager at (510) 596-3779.
Applications will be reviewed as received; those candidates whose backgrounds most closely fit our requirements may be invited for an interview.
This is a non-benefitted position.