AFTER SCHOOL COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSISTANT (ASCSA) I & III
ASCSA I: $13.39 - $16.28/hr.
ASCSA III: $15.91 - $19.34/hr.
Multiple Positions Open (part-time, at-will, no benefits)
Also hiring Substitute ASCSA I staff available a minimum of 3 days a week.
DEFINITION: Under supervision, staff will perform duties in our After School Program consisting of an educational, enrichment and recreational environment. Work schedule will NOT exceed 28 hours per week; schedule is generally 11am – 6pm (varies from site to site), Monday through Friday and may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants will be invited to test or asked to provide official documentation to verify they meet the educational requirements.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ASCSA I:
- A minimum of six (6) months organized recreation, school aged child care, or teaching.
- Ability to successfully lead a group of 20 or more students in both an educational and recreational setting.
- Knowledge of positive behavior guidance techniques and the ability to use them appropriately.
- Ability to create a fun and engaging educational environment for elementary and middle school aged youth.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ASCSA III (SITE LEAD) POSITION:
- A minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in education, school aged recreational programming or a closely related field including supervisory experience.
- Ability to successfully lead a program with up to 5 additional staff members and up to 100 youth in attendance daily; Knowledge of after school program best practices and ability to implement them appropriately.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with school site personnel, staff, participants, and parents regarding program policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent must have the ability to:
- Work with students in reading, spelling, mathematics, and other subjects, assist with computer skills: Assist in supervising and organizing recreation activities; distribute, monitor, and maintain equipment/supplies.
- Assist in monitoring program compliance with laws, rules, and regulations; Supervise children/participants at park site or facility; lead group activities; Recommend and/or assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement policies and procedures.
- Provide information and referrals to program participants, school officials and community groups regarding program being offered; operate a computer and related software; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform any other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the daily operations of the employer.
THE ABOVE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED AS NECESSARY BY THE EMPLOYER.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position requires prolonged standing, sitting, walking on level or unleveled and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. Incumbents may be required to lift, carry and/or push objects weighing 25 pounds or more. This position requires near and far vision for reading written documents and in the observation of participants during activities. Acute hearing is also required in providing customer service to public and /or assistance in facility, classroom, or outdoors.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: In addition to the required minimum experience, all positions must have knowledge of teaching curriculum or learning based programs. EDUCATION: Completion of 12th grade or equivalent; ALSO 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited college OR completion of two (2) years of higher education (48 semester/72 quarter units) OR completion of FUSD Paraprofessional testing.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of, or ability to obtain CPR and basic first aid certifications within sixty (60) days of hire are required. A valid CA driver’s license may be required for certain positions. Candidates must be age 18 or older.
This position is part-time, at-will, without benefits.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Prior to completing an application, please read the minimum qualifications for the position in which you are interested. You cannot be considered for a position unless you meet the minimum experience, education, license, and/or certification requirements. Under the work experience section, account for all employment within the last ten years (including gaps in employment), beginning with your current or most recent employer. Applications will be rejected if “SEE RESUME” is written on any portion of this section. The Work Experience section of the application should clearly demonstrate that minimum qualifications are met. All statements made on applications are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification, removal from the Eligibility List, or discharge from employment.
SELECTION PROCESS: Following a review of applications submitted, qualified applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process, which may include the date, time, and place of an examination. Written, oral, performance and physical exams may be given (no veterans preference given). All candidates will be required to provide identification before being admitted to written, interview, or performance examinations.
We encourage everyone to file an application with us and we do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Please call (909) 350-7650 for additional information or to request an accommodation. The provisions of this job posting do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions contained in this job posting may be modified or revoked without notice.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RATE CANDIDATES BASED ON A REVIEW OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS AND TO INVITE ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCCESSIVE PARTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.