The City of Foster City is searching for talented, energetic, responsible individuals who are serious about having fun! If you can think on your feet and be a fun team player, this could be the position for you! As a Recreation Leader, you’ll be responsible for implementing quality youth and teen programs and providing a safe environment for our participants. This is a part-time, non-benefited position limited to 29 hours per week and 1,000 hours in a fiscal year.
- $12.00 - $18.30 hourly; Pay rate determined by experience, education and assigned level of responsibility.
Important and Essential Duties
- Must be at least 16 years of age to apply
- Supervise youth and teens in city programming, which may include after school programs, teen center, vacation and summer camps, and special events.
- Take initiative to plan, organize, and implement high activity games, program special events and daily schedules, and community events.
- Stay active and engaged with youth and teens at all times.
- Act as a professional role model, mentor, and leader.
- Enforce guidelines and maintain a safe, clean, well-organized environment.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with youth, parent/guardians, staff, and community members.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings.
- Work closely with external organizations and staff.
- May supervise staff.
Afterschool Recreational Care (ARC) Program: We are looking for Recreation Leaders to assist with homework, lead recreational activities, and plan enrichment classes for youth participants. Candidates must commit to working for the entire duration of the school year (August 2018 through June 2019). Work hours will vary, but typically shifts will be from Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm and Wednesdays 12:00pm-6:00pm. There will be some additional hours with our “Kidz Dayz.”No weekends shifts are available.
The Vibe Teen Center: We are looking for Recreation Leaders to assist with supervision, lead recreational activities, supervise rentals, and plan special events for teens. Work hours will vary, but typically will be from Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 3:00pm-6:30pm; Wednesdays 2:00pm-6:30pm; Fridays 3:00pm-10:00pm. Some weekend shifts are available.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way would be:
- Education: Completion of the tenth grade or equivalent.
- Experience: Volunteer or paid experience working with groups of children.
Ability to: lift and move equipment (up to 25 lbs.); complete forms and reports; ability to set-up and coordinate activities; remain calm and use good judgment in difficult and emergency situations; work flexible hours. Physical strength and stamina will be required in some positions to perform demonstrations and leads activities.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATION:
- Licenses: None
- Certificates: Must maintain a current CPR/AED and basic First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within three months of employment.
How to Apply:
- This recruitment will be open until filled. Deadline to apply is September 27, 2019. (We will stop accepting applications prior to the September 27 deadline should all positions be filled.)
- Submit applications online at www.calopps.org
- For further information, contact Dusty Landwehr, Recreation Coordinator, at 650.286.3374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a non-benefitted, seasonal position.