Come join the City of Foster City Police Department. The City of Foster City provides you with a supportive City Council and community, responsible government, and family atmosphere at the heart of the San Mateo Peninsula. The Foster City Police Department has 39 sworn and 15 civilian positions. The Foster City Police Department offers a variety of assignments such as Motors, SWAT, Detectives, Youth Services, and K9 to promote your personal and professional development. The Department philosophy is to provide:
"Excellent Service - Every Call - Every Contact - Every Day!"
To review the essential duties and job-related qualifications for this position, please follow the job description link below.
Salary and Benefits: (see additional detail under Benefits)
- $8,155 - $9,913 per month
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave accrual
- Annual uniform allowance of $900
- 3-day work week/12-hour shift or 4-day work week/10-hour shift
- Educational Incentive Pay $250 - $500
- Special Assignment pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Sabbatical Program 40 - 160 hours depending on years of service
- Holiday Pay: additional 5.4%
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Possess an undeniably strong character, integrity, reliability, honesty, loyalty, respect, fairness and judgment.
- Be able to recognize and apply solutions to problems and make legal, logical, and critical decisions in emergencies while working in a stressful environment.
- Have a service orientation with an understanding of community-oriented policing and problem-solving concepts.
- Be motivated and have the ability to work independently or in groups to achieve common goals.
- Accept and adapt to technology in the work environment.
- Skill in using and carrying firearms.
This position is covered under the Foster City Police Officers Association (FCPOA) bargaining unit and receives competitive benefits. A copy of the current MOU can be found here.
- Retirement: CalPERS 2% at 50 or 2.7% at 57 benefit formula, depending on membership status.
- Health Insurance: Choice of CalPERS Medical plans. Dental and Vision Plans
- Vacation: 2 weeks after 1 year; 3 weeks after 5 years and 4 weeks after 10 years.
- Sabbatical Leave Program: 40 hours after 5 years, 80 hours after 10 years, 80 hours after 15 years, and 160 hours after 20 years
- Additional Discretionary Leave provided by the City: 28 hours per year.
- Sick Leave: 80 hours annually, with no maximum accumulation.
- Educational Incentive up to $500.00 each month.
- Incentive or Premium pays for several specialized assignments.
- Annual Uniform Allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Holiday Pay: additional 5.4% of base pay in-lieu of twelve City/District recognized holidays.
- VA certified.