The Coordinator is responsible for providing the highest quality of guest service to all visitors. The Coordinator will be responsible for administrative duties and assist at various City facilities, as assigned. In addition, the Coordinator will monitor facility rentals and support the special events. This is potentially a year around part time position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Provide excellent customer service while performing assigned duties and have strong telephone and follow up skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in performing all aspects of assigned duties
- Process financial transactions and maintain accurate accounting records
- Communicate facility/program features to potential clients/groups
- Complete all daily opening and closing tasks in a timely manner
- Assist in protecting and safeguarding all property assets
- Resolve guest/participant concerns as needed
- Attend training and staff meetings as assigned
- Supervise part-time employees in Supervisor’s absence and update employees on schedules and other essential tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
General supervision is provided by Recreation Supervisor or Assistant Recreation Supervisor
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent and have one year college or volunteer / paid experience that would qualify the applicant to perform all duties
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job assignments
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive relations with others
- Must be willing and able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
- Depending upon assignment, may need to possess Class C Driver’s License
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
- Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
This temporary assignment does not include benefits.
Learn more at Fremont.gov/RecJobs. Visit Fremont.gov/RecApplication for an application.