The Planning Intern works under the supervision and direction of a Senior Planner within the Community Development Department. This position will perform a variety of duties in support of the Planning Division’s operations—administrative, clerical, and customer service.
This temporary assignment is scheduled to work up to 24 hours per week, with the duration dependent on funding.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Scan and digitize project files, and create summary tables of scanned information.
- Work with staff to organize filing system for scanned files.
- Conduct data collection and research for various Planning projects and surveys.
- Assist with updating Planning forms and handouts.
- Research and respond to basic requests for land use and zoning information.
- Shadow public counter staff to gain customer service experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. A typical way to acquire the appropriate background will include: a high school diploma or equivalent and some college course work in city or urban planning, public administration or related fields.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is highly desirable.
This position does not receive benefits.