POSITION: The Police Public Service Assistant III works within the Police Department’s Animal Services Unit to provide customer service to the many people visiting the animal shelter. Duties include taking in stray and surrendered animals, adoption interviews, answering phones and e-mails as well as animal behavioral assessments. In addition, the PSA III will assist the shelter officer with other related tasks. This is a long-term temporary assignment and may work up to 20 hours per week.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Provide customer service including public counter, phones and e-mails.
· Initiate and maintain animal records (paper and electronic) in an organized, systematic manner
· Facilitate adoptions: show animals, counsel potential adopters, process adoptions paperwork, follow-up via phone call/email
· Provide feedback to supervisory staff regarding animal plans (behavior modification, surgery, foster, adoption, euthanasia)
· Assist medical support team ensuring that animals receive necessary medications and are scheduled for spay or neuter surgery
· Administrative duties for shelter including Lost and Found Reports, email and voicemail
· Assist with behavior assessments for placement of animals
· Outreach to adoption partners
· Assist with enrichment of shelter animals
· Process incoming animals, stray and owner surrendered.
· Ability to perform cash, check and credit card transactions.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates need to be Knowledgeable in modern office practices and Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent customer service, strong organization and communication skills are also required for this position. You must be 18 years old to apply for this position. Previous animal handling experience preferred.
BENEFITS: There are no benefits for this temporary assignment.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for this position, submit a completed City application and resume through our online application system at fremont.gov/apply or The Human Resources Department at 3300 Capitol Avenue, Building B, Fremont, CA 94538 has a kiosk you may use to apply online.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
SELECTION PROCESS: The process may include individual and/or panel interviews, Police Department background investigation or other related components. Only those candidates who have the best combination of qualifications in relation to the requirements and duties of the position will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
The City of Fremont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodation: We will make reasonable efforts in the selection process to accommodate persons with disabilities.
Please advise Human Resources of any special needs in advance by calling (510) 494-4660