Firefighter Lateral - COMING SOON!
Lateral Firefighter: The City of Fremont is excited to announce it will begin recruitment for Lateral Firefighter EMTs and Paramedics on July 8, 2019.
Firefighter Lateral application period will begin July 8 and end at 12:00 Noon on July 29, 2019.
Firefighter - EMT Salary Range:
$91,386 - $111,068 - plus 2.5% EMT Premium Pay
Firefighter - Paramedic Salary Range:
$91,386 - $111,068 - plus paramedic premium pay equal to 10% of top step Firefighter (once assigned by the Fire Chief to perform the full range of Paramedic duties)
Firefighter experience will be used to determine salary step placement.
Find out more about the City of Fremont's Fire Department:
To be considered as a Lateral Firefighter, candidates must currently be employed, with no breaks, and have passed probation with two or more years of paid firefighter experience in an agency of similar size and/or complexity as the Fremont Fire Department, as defined by the Fire Chief.
Lateral Firefighter Position highlights:
- 1-yr probationary period from date of hire for laterals
- $2,180/month 2019 health benefit allowance
- Paid Lateral Fire Academy (approximately 5 weeks)
- 48/96 work schedule after completion of the Academy
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Educational Incentive Pay, Specialist Pay, Acting Pay, Longevity Pay and opportunities for overtime pay, depending on qualifications
- Paid vacation starts at 158 hours/year, 295 hours/year maximum
- 144 hours/year of holiday pay
- Exceptional CA State retirement plan (CalPERS)
- Annual uniform allowance of $700
ALL CANDIDATES: What you will need to apply (incomplete application packets will not advance in the recruitment process):
- A completed City of Fremont application (to submit online go to www.fremont.gov/cityjobs once the position opens on July 8, 2019)
- A resume
- Placement on the Firefighter Candidate Testing Center (FCTC) Statewide Eligibility List
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card issued within 6 months of the final filing date (i.e., issued between 1/30/19 and 7/29/19) http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/
- Written test score from FCTC Firefighter Exam taken between 7/30/18 and 7/29/19 https://www.fctconline.org/
EMT CANDIDATES: In addition to the above, lateral EMT candidates will need copies of the following valid certifications:
- National Registry EMT Certificate, California EMT Certificate, or equivalent as defined by the Fire Chief.
- CPR Certificate
PARAMEDIC CANDIDATES: lateral Paramedic candidates will need copies of the following valid certifications:
- California or National Registry Paramedic License or equivalent as defined by the Fire Chief
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification or Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification or Pediatric Education for Prehospital Personnel (PEPP) Certification or Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Assessment and Treatment of Trauma (ATT)
START PREPARING TODAY! If you don't have a current FCTC test score or CPAT, schedule your tests today! (A Written Test Study Guide is available on the FCTC website: https://www.fctconline.org/)