The Catering Cook / Griller is responsible for providing the highest quality service to all guests. The ideal candidate will take the initiative by undertaking self-development activities, seeking increased responsibilities, asking for help and offering assistance to others when needed. The position is expected to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive.)
- Provide outstanding guest service while performing assigned duties, including interpreting and conveying information throughout the Park
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in performing all aspects of assigned responsibilities
- Prep the kitchen and grill for opening/closing in a timely manner
- Prepare menu and catering items for guests
- Monitor and uphold all safety and health regulations
- Must assist in protecting and safeguarding all property assets
- Must be able to safely operate kitchen and catering equipment
- Must accurately monitor food & beverage stock
- Must be knowledgeable about Aqua Adventure Waterpark to answer any guest questions
- Must resolve guest / associate concerns tactfully and as needed
- Recognize hazardous situations and contain area until help arrives
- Comply with standards of City designated safety agencies
- Attend training and staff meetings as assigned
- Assist other City departments in the event of major emergencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECIEVED
Food Service/ Catering Coordinator and the Revenue/ Sales Manager supervise this position
- Be a minimum of Eighteen (18) years of age and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and one year or one summer work (or volunteer) experience
- Be able to establish and maintain productive relations and positive attitude with and toward others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedures manuals
- Have excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Must be willing and able to follow all departmental policies and procedures, as required
- Must obtain or possess a valid food handler card valid in Alameda County.
- Physical requirements include:
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling required throughout shift
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work in extreme weather and heat
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Work in an outdoor environment with wet conditions and extreme heat
- Work in direct sunlight
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
- Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
Qualified applications will be evaluated on the basis of related experience and quality of presentation. The most highly qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. Applicant evaluations may include a written and physical test. Satisfactory candidates will be placed on an eligibility list. Placements are anticipated immediately after the list is established. Some placements may be assigned to emphasize public education as the City’s needs require.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT
City of Fremont, Recreation Services Division
3300 Capitol Avenue, Building B, Fremont, CA 94538
FOR SPECIFIC QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS POSITION CALL (510) 790-5529
THE CITY OF FREMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY BASIS.
The Recreation Services Division will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities and for religious reasons. Please advise us of special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 494-4347.
Some positions may require a health evaluation.
The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
This temporary assignment does not include benefits.
Learn more at Fremont.gov/RecJobs. Visit Fremont.gov/RecApplication for an application.