Provide customer service related to Central Park / Lake Elizabeth boating operations in an efficient and courteous manner. Supervise activities on lake and surrounding areas. Respond to visitor concerns, operate a cash register, provide correct change, handle credit card transactions, maintain a clean and well-equipped worksite. Works well as part of a team in a fun, fast-paced outdoor environment. Employees are expected to work weekends and holidays.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Assist Team Leader in daily boating operations
- Provide customer service to park visitors related to Central Park boating operations
- Perform routine maintenance on and inspection of boat fleet and equipment
- Educate public on safe boating procedures and park policies
- Assist park visitors and answer questions or resolve visitor concerns in a courteous manner
- Set up and take down boat rental station; take out from and return boats to storage
Performs all duties of Team Member and also the following:
- Train and supervise Lakefront Team Members
- Operate patrol boat and supervise lake activities
- Ensure safety of park visitors utilizing the lake for boating and fishing
- Enforce park policies pertaining to lake activities
- Must be at least 15 years of age (Team Member) or 18 years of age (Team Leader)
- Must provide proof of ability to swim at time of appointment
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Ability to tactfully resolve guest/associate concerns
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, and pulling is required throughout the shift
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 35 lbs
- Work in an outdoor environment with wet conditions or extreme heat
- Work in direct sunlight
- Vision requirements – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (corrective lenses accepted)
- Work in changing indoor and outdoor climates
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to effectively communicate with children and adults from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required at time of employment.
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact. Discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality.
Qualified applications will be evaluated based on related experience and quality of presentation. The most highly qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. Applicant evaluations may include a physical test. Satisfactory candidates will be placed on an eligibility list. Placements are anticipated immediately after the list is established.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT
City of Fremont, Recreation Services Division
3300 Capitol Avenue, Building B, Fremont, CA 94538
For further information regarding this position, please call (510) 790-5546
THE CITY OF FREMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY BASIS.
The Recreation Services Division will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities and for religious reasons. Please advise us of special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 494-4347.
The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
There are no benefits for this temporary positions.