THE POSITION / JOB DUTIES
The Police Public Service Assistant I (PSA I) is assigned to the Police Department’s Animal Services Unit and provides basic care for animals. Examples of job duties include:
· Provide care of animals including feeding, grooming, cleaning, walking, behavioral assessments, enrichment, and exercise.
· Clean, disinfect, and maintain kennels and kennel area.
· Perform dishwashing and laundering.
· Help maintains a computerized record of animals at the shelter.
· Report any animals exhibiting symptoms of ill health or communicable disease.
· Assist office staff with adoption procedures and provide support to the veterinary staff
· Provide customer service throughout the shelter.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service experience and strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the selected candidate will have proficiency in operating standard and specialized computer equipment and programs to assist with the daily animal services operations. Professional experience working with animals is highly desirable.
Experience: Basic care of animals (e.g. feeding, cleaning, walking, grooming, etc.)
· Willingness to work a variety of shifts which include: days, afternoons, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $18.23. Placement within the range will be made depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. This is a part-time/long-term temporary assignment and may work up to 20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a completed application, resume, and completed the supplemental questionnaire online.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCESS
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Highly competitive candidates may be invited to participate in an individual and/or panel interviews, background investigation, and other related components.