THE POSITION / JOB DUTIES
The Police Public Service Assistant (PSA) III is assigned to the Police Department’s Equipment Room and provides daily support with the customer service and equipment room operations. Examples of job duties include:
· Issues and collects equipment, vehicles, and weapons to and from Police Department staff
· Maintains inventory and accounts for all equipment assigned to the Equipment Room
· Transports and coordinates repair of Police Department vehicles
· Identifies and communicates with Police and City staff, as well as outside vendors, to execute job duties
· Escorts outside vendors while they conduct their business inside the Department campus
· Pick-up and delivers equipment and supplies
· Assists with the general maintenance of the building
· Performs other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory system. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and department staff. Work experience in a police department is highly desirable.
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience: One year experience performing customer service
Special Requirements: Must be 18 years of age. The selected candidate must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including days, afternoons, weekends, and holidays. Must possess a valid Class C California Driver’s License.
There are no benefits for this temporary position.