This position under general supervision will perform a wide variety of duties involving accounting and fiscal functions for the Community Action Department in the Administrative/Fiscal Units; a strong fiscal and accounting background is desired. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week. This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next twelve (12) months.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintains ancillary, general, statistical, and cost records. Examines and reviews account records, adjusting balances and reconciling accounts.
- Maintains journals and general ledgers of financial transactions and prepares analytical reports on revenues and expenditures.
- Enters data into computer systems and maintains information systems database; processes transactions, assesses and validates data, compiles documentation, reconciles reports.
- Prepares expenditure and revenue claims and routine periodic accounting reports.
- Verifies and reconciles various information, reports, journals or related fiscal and statistical data.
- Checks documents for validity and accuracy of information; collects, records, files, and distributes related paperwork.
- Prepares presentations, general and technical correspondence, develops forms, tracking systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
The ideal candidate will be able to process accounting and financial transactions in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and county rules, regulations, and ordinances.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are able to prepare reports and cost projections using readily available information.
- You have knowledge of fundamental arithmetic principles and methods including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
- You are able to learn and understand the organization and operations of the assigned area and/or outside agencies.
- You have knowledge of principles and practices of fiscal, statistical, and administrative research.
- You are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships; act as an effective team player.
I— Two (2) years of full-time experience performing advanced journey-level clerical, secretarial, or administrative support work.
II— One (1) year of full time experience performing the duties of an Accounting and General Services Specialist I in the County of Glenn. OR, three (3) years of full-time experience performing advanced journey-level clerical, secretarial, or administrative support work.
I/II—Equivalent of two (2) years (60 semester or 90 quarter units) of coursework in business administration, public administration, personnel, statistics, economics, accounting, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. OR, Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, personnel, statistics, economics, accounting, or closely related field from an accredited college or university, may be substituted for two (2) years of required experience.
13 paid holidays per year and an additional twenty four hours of Holiday Leave. An employee must be employed the last working day before and the first working day after the holiday in order to receive holiday compensation. Employees on leave without pay shall not accrue holiday benefits.
88 hours (approximately 11 working days) per year during the first 2 years of service; 128 hours (approximately 16 working days) per year during years 3 through 12; 168 hours (approximately 21 working days) per year during years 13 through 19; 208 hours (approximately 26 working days) per year after 20 full years of service.
96 hours (approximately twelve working days) per year of paid sick leave.
40 hours with pay for each instance for immediate family members. Immediate family includes spouse, child, stepchild, grandchild, stepparent, parent, grandparent, parent-in-law, grandparent-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother or sister.
Service is based on employment with Glenn County. The County shall provide a longevity differential above the employee’s base rate of pay for those employees represented by this unit as follows: after 10 full years of service 5%, after 15 full years of service 1%, after 20 full years of service 1%, after 25 full years of service 1% and after 30 full years of service 1% for a total of 9%.
Glenn County contracts with PERS for medical insurance. The County pays a portion of the medical insurance premium based on the carrier and amount of the total premium.
The County pays the employee premium for a vision plan with Medical Eye Services (MES). The employee may enroll dependents at the employee’s expense.
GCGU employees are offered a choice of two voluntary dental insurance plans; UNUM Dental Maintenance Plan and Guardian Dental Plan. The employee pays 100% of the premium through payroll deduction.
The County offers three IRC § 457 voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans (tax deferred long-term savings plans): Voya, Nationwide and Edward Jones.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY:
The County coordinates with State Short Term Disability Insurance for regular employees.
The County pays the premium on a $10,000 Term Life Insurance policy for regular County employees. The employee pays the premium for optional life insurance.
The County participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security. The employee is responsible for 100% of the employee’s portion. Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement.
GCGU employees participate in the Laborers’ International of North America (Industrial) Pension Fund.
Premium pay such as shift differential, bilingual, and working-out-of-class pay may be paid depending upon the employee’s work assignment and class.
*Benefits are listed for full-time employees; certain benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
To apply for this job opportunity, please submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Tuesday, April 20th, 2021.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter
Apply online at: www.countyofglenn.net
The County of Glenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the Personnel Department.
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The County of Glenn has the right to rescind this recruitment at any time.