This position under general supervision will perform a wide variety of duties involving accounting and fiscal functions for the Community Action Department in the Administrative/Fiscal Units; a fiscal and accounting background is desired. This position is at-will, temporary, and part-time and is scheduled for up to twenty-five (25) hours per week. This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next twelve (12) months.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assists supervisor in maintaining effective accounting control in daily financial/fiscal activities.
- Performs a variety of complex technical accounting duties in support of the department’s functions and specific accounting system, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and County policies and procedures.
- Prepares a variety of accounting/statistical and routine reports, records, and spreadsheets with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Calculates the department’s payroll.
- Establishes and maintains accounting records and files with accuracy.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance from County staff, auditors, and the general public.
- Performs routine clerical work as required, including, but not limited to, typing reports, copying and filing documents, entering computer data, answering the telephone, greeting, and assisting customers, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to process and/or receive training in accounting, fiscal, and financial transactions in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and county rules, regulations, and ordinances.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are able to prepare accurate and complete financial statements and reports from accounting data.
- You have knowledge of principles and practices of financial record-keeping and reporting.
- You are able to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
- You have knowledge of principles and application of data processing systems.
- You are able to maintain a variety of financial records and files.
- You have knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and technology.
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Three (3) years of responsible technical and/or clerical accounting or bookkeeping experience preferably including one (1) year in the reconciliation of governmental budget accounts.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by courses in bookkeeping, accounting, or a related field.
Substitution: Completion of 12 semester units or 18 quarter units in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Up to 24 hours per year of paid sick leave. Up to 48 hours of paid sick leave maximum accrual.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY:
The County coordinates with State Disability Insurance for regular employees.
The County is in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security. Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement. This applies only to PSE’s who work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year.
To apply for this job opportunity, please submit a completed County of Glenn employment application online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988.