This position provides support, mentoring, education, skill-building, advocacy, and youth-guided programming to persons receiving services at the Glenn County Health and Human Services Agency, Behavioral Health Department Community Drop-In Youth TAY Center. The incumbent will work as part of a School Wellness Team delivering timely mental health services to students and families on campus and in the community. This position is at-will, temporary, and part-time and is scheduled for up to twenty-five (25) hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Model unconditional commitment to assisting the TAY consumers in “tough time”, “over the long haul” and to do “whatever it takes” to provide service to the client/consumer.
- Perform group education for clients/consumers and/or support persons and provide ongoing support as needed.
- Be available for TAY consumers, in the event of a crisis, for support.
- Set up, prepare, and plan events for TAY consumers and TAY drop-in center guests.
- Represent concerns of the TAY consumers in policy and program planning meetings.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies/individuals engaged in providing or developing support for the TAY consumers who are in the program.
- Make program presentations to community stakeholders and groups.
- Participate in gathering information regarding satisfaction with services and recommendations regarding ways to improve services.
Candidates with life experiences of resiliency or recovery from a mental health challenge, are strongly encouraged to apply.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are able to assist in the efforts to help reduce negative stigma towards those individuals with mental health issues or concerns.
- You have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- You are able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- You have knowledge of time management and problem solving skills.
- You are able to maintain and honor all levels of confidentiality.
Up to 24 hours per year of paid sick leave. Up to 48 hours of paid sick leave maximum accrual.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY:
The County coordinates with State Disability Insurance for regular employees.
The County is in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security. Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement. This applies only to PSE’s who work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year.
To apply for this job opportunity, please submit a completed County of Glenn employment application online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, June 25th, 2021.
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Apply online at: www.countyofglenn.net
The County of Glenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the Personnel Department.
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The County of Glenn has the right to rescind this recruitment at any time.