This position determines client needs for program services; provides case management and/or crisis intervention in various program areas, including housing services, weatherization, youth delinquency prevention, victim witness, family self-sufficiency and preservation, consumer training and education, income and employment services, emergency assistance, and performs other duties as assigned at the Glenn County Community Action Department. This position is at-will, temporary, part-time and scheduled for twenty-five (25) hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interviews and evaluates clients for specific program services, eligibility and/or employment opportunities, including service needs assessment and crisis intervention, to assist individuals/families in achieving self-sufficiency.
- Receives and provides interagency and outer agency referrals.
- Plans and implements special community awareness, education programs, and projects as assigned.
- Receives and responds to inquiries regarding program services from clients, other agencies, and the general public.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative, effective working relationships with program participants; department employees; regional employers; educational facilities, trainers, and all others who are program stakeholders and supporters.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and workshops with other departments, government agencies, local organizations, and consortiums in matters regarding to program service areas.
- Performs general administrative/office work as required, including but not limited to, copying and filing documents, preparing/typing documents, answering telephones, faxing information, entering computer data, attending meetings, ordering supplies, and maintaining office cleanliness.
The ideal candidate will provide exceptional customer service in a front office/reception setting to the clients of the Community Action Department.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are able to interview effectively to solicit thorough, pertinent, and accurate information.
- You have knowledge of interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- You are able to demonstrate sensitivity, compassion, courtesy, and patience with clients.
- You have knowledge of goals and purpose of community/social service programs.
- You are able to communicate and deal effectively with individuals and groups in stressful situations.
- You have knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and technology.
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- You have knowledge of business letter writing and report preparation; English language usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
One (1) to two (2) years of experience performing advanced journey level or specialized clerical/para-professional duties. Experience providing social services, public assistance, counseling, or case management is preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license. Bilingual services are highly desired, but not required.
Up to 24 hours per year of paid sick leave. Up to 48 hours of paid sick leave maximum accrual.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY:
The County coordinates with State Disability Insurance for regular employees.
The County is in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security. Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement. This applies only to PSE’s who work more than 1,000 hours in a fiscal year.
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, September 24th, 2021
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next twelve (12) months.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application
The County of Glenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the Personnel Department.
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The County of Glenn has the right to rescind this recruitment at any time.