Glenn

Chief Investigator (20292932)

calopps-tags
Legal
calopps-map-marker
Northern California Inland
calopps-hourglass
Full-Time
calopps-calendar
10/7/2022 at 5pm
calopps-usd
$45.77-$55.63 Hourly
calopps-question


Please review the special instructions before applying for this job opportunity.


Location

525 W. Sycamore Street Willows, 95988

Description

The Chief Investigator position, under direct supervision from the District Attorney and Assistant District Attorney, plans, organizes, supervises and participates in the investigation of complaints and criminal matters submitted to the District Attorney's Office; and performs related work as required. The Chief Investigator is responsible for the overall operation. This management position is a sworn peace officer pursuant to 830.1(a) of the California Penal Code. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
 

WHAT YOU’LL DO

  • Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for investigations; implement policies and procedures.
  • Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in investigative activities.
  • Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
  • Performs investigative duties including interviewing suspects, witnesses and other persons involved in assigned cases; researching and reviewing background information; locating individuals; conducting surveillance operations, etc.
  • Investigate the most difficult and complex cases; provide direction and leadership to assist staff members on assigned cases.
  • Reviews delinquent related files; and obtains arrest warrants as necessary.
  • Prepare correspondence including correspondence to other agencies regarding assigned cases; coordinate the preparation of court summonses; serve court subpoenas.
  • Arrest individuals when appropriate.

Ideal Candidate

The ideal candidate will possess a valid California advanced P.O.S.T certificate. This person will have knowledge of principles, practices, methods and procedures of criminal and civil investigations. 
 

ARE WE A MATCH?

  • You have knowledge of criminal law with special reference to the Penal Code, laws of arrest and search and seizure.
  • You are able to work under stressful or dangerous conditions occasionally involving considerable personal risk or risk to others.
  • You have knowledge of techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted in the course of work.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCE:
Four years of full-time law enforcement experience. 

EDUCATION:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major work in criminal justice. (Substitution: Full-time, paid experience as a law enforcement officer may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.) 

CERTIFICATE: 
Possession of a valid P.O.S.T. Intermediate Certificate.
 
LICENSE: 
Possession of a valid California driver's license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. 

Benefits

HOLIDAYS:

12 paid holidays per year. In lieu of the twelve holidays the employee’s base hourly rate is increased by 5% above the approved, published rate for the employee’s step and range. In addition to the 12 paid holidays, employees will also receive 1 floating holiday per year and will be designated as the employee’s birthdate.

VACATION:

80 hours (.0385 hrs. per scheduled hr. in paid status) per year during the first two years of service; 120 hours (.0577 hrs. per scheduled hr. in a paid status) per year during years 3 through 12; 160 hours (.0769 hrs. per scheduled hr. in a paid status) per year during years 13 through 19.  200 hours (.0962 hrs. per scheduled hr. in a paid status) per year after 19 full years of service.  This does not include hours received in lieu of 13 paid holidays. Regular employees shall not be entitled to use vacation benefits until they have been employed one full year.

SICK LEAVE:

96 hours (approximately twelve working days) per year of paid sick leave.

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE:

40 hours with pay for each instance for immediate family members.  Immediate family includes spouse, child, stepchild, stepparent, parent, grandparent, parent-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother, sister or another relative or person residing in the employee’s household.

LONGEVITY:

Service is based on employment with Glenn County.  The County shall provide a longevity differential above the employee’s base rate of pay for those employees represented by this unit as follows: after 10 full years of service 5% , after 15 full years of service 1% (total 6%), after 20 full years of service 1% (total 7%), after 25 full years of service 1% (total 8%) and after 30 full years of service 1% (total 9%).

HEALTH PLAN:

Glenn County contracts with PERS for medical insurance.  The County pays a percentage of each premium and the employee pays the balance of that premium through payroll deduction.

VISION PLAN:

The County pays the employee premium for a vision plan with Medical Eye Services (MES). The employee may enroll dependents at the employee’s expense.

DENTAL PLAN:

DSA employees are offered a choice of two voluntary dental insurance plans; Delta Dental (PPO) and DeltaCare (HMO).  The employee pays 100% of the premium through payroll deduction.

DEFERRED COMPENSATION:

The County offers three IRC § 457 voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans (tax deferred long-term savings plans):  Voya, Nationwide and Edward Jones.

SHORT TERM DISABILITY:

The County coordinates with State Short Term Disability Insurance for regular employees.

LIFE INSURANCE:

The County pays the premium on a $10,000 Term Life Insurance policy for regular County employees.  The employee pays the premium for optional life insurance.

RETIREMENT:

The County is in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security.  The employee is responsible for 100% of the employee’s portion of the contribution to PERS. The County’s contract with PERS provides for “3% @ 50” Supplemental Formula Retirement for Local Safety Members (“3% @ 55” for Local Safety employees hired after January 1, 2012. “2.7% @ 57” for Local Safety employees hired after January 1, 2013).  Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement.

SUPPLEMENTAL RETIREMENT:

DSA employees participate in the Laborers’ International of North America (Industrial) Pension Fund.

PREMIUM PAY:

Premium pay such as incentive pay, bi-lingual, shift differential, field training officer and working-out-of-class pay may be paid depending upon the employee’s work assignment and class.

UNIFORM ALLOWANCE:

Uniformed employees are provided a uniform allowance of $2,000 (two $1,000 installments) per year to purchase, replace and/or clean uniforms. The first installment will be paid the first pay period in January and the second installment paid the first pay period of July. All newly hired Deputy Sheriff’s will receive an additional $2,000.

 

Please see the Deputy Sheriffs’ Memorandum of Understanding for details.

* Benefits are listed for full-time employees; certain benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.

 

Special Instructions

To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by 
5:00 P.M., Friday, October 7th, 2022.

This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Application packets must include the following
•    A Glenn County Employment Application      

•    Résumé

•    Transcripts and/or Certificates         

•     Cover Letter

•     P.O.S.T Certificate                 

•     GCPER 44/Conviction Form

•     Supplemental Questionnaire


Apply online at: www.countyofglenn.net
The County of Glenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable  accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the Personnel Department. 


The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The County of Glenn has the right to rescind this recruitment at any time. 
 

Recruitment Contact

Contact phone: 
(530)934-6451