The Administrative Assistant is located in the Mental Health division at the Health and Human Services Agency. This position performs secretarial and administrative work of considerable difficulty and complexity for an Assistant or Deputy Director; performs office support work requiring independence, initiative, and discretion; may be responsible for clerical office oversight and/or may supervise the work of clerical support staff and performs related work as required. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performs advanced secretarial support duties for an Assistant or Deputy Director within a department; develops and recommends complex procedures applicable to areas of assignment.
- Develops and implements systems for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations.
- Monitors deadlines and calendars as assigned and develops/maintains control and tracking systems.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings, seminars or classes; arranges for travel transportation.
- Interprets and explains specialized and complex information regarding established rules, regulations, policies, procedures and technical office operations to managers, patients, clients, outside agencies and others.
- Researches difficult and complex issues; obtains information from managers, staff, clients, and others.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is detail-oriented, resourceful, and organized. The candidate should possess the strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with other staff and outside agencies.
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You are able to learn, understand and interpret pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- You have knowledge of clerical methods of researching, gathering, organizing and reporting data.
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- You have knowledge of basic budgeting procedures and techniques.
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible clerical and/or secretarial experience including duties related to departmental administrative operations.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training or business course work from an accredited college, university or recognized technical training institution.
13 paid holidays per year and an additional twenty-four hours of Holiday Leave. An employee must be employed the last working day before and the first working day after the holiday in order to receive holiday compensation. Employees on leave without pay shall not accrue holiday benefits.
88 hours (.0424 hrs. per scheduled hr. in paid status) per year during the first two years of service; 128 hours (.0616 hrs. per scheduled hr. in paid status) per year during years 3 through 12; 168 hours (.0808 hrs. per scheduled hr. in paid status) per year during years 13 through 20; 208 hours (.1000 hrs. per scheduled hr. in paid status) per year after 20 full years of service.
96 hours (approximately twelve working days) per year of paid sick leave.
Service is based on employment with Glenn County. The County shall provide a longevity differential above the employee’s base rate of pay for those employees represented by this unit as follows: after 10 full years of service 5%, after 15 full years of service 1%, after 20 full years of service 1%, after 25 full years of service 1% and after 30 full years of service 1% for a total of 9%.
40 hours with pay for each instance for immediate family members. Immediate family includes current spouse, registered domestic partner, children, step children, grandchildren, parents, stepparents, brothers, sisters, stepbrothers, stepsisters, grandparents, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, parents-in-law, stepparents-in-law, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, stepbrothers-in-law, stepsisters-in-law, grandparents-in-law or other person living in the employees’ household.
Glenn County contracts with PERS for medical insurance. The County pays a portion of the medical insurance premium based on the carrier and amount of the total premium.
The County pays the employee premium for a vision plan with Medical Eye Services (MES). The employee may enroll dependents at the employee’s expense.
GCMMA employees are offered a choice of two voluntary dental insurance plans; Delta Dental (PPO) and DeltaCare (HMO). The employee pays 100% of the premium through payroll deduction.
The County offers three IRC § 457 voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans (tax deferred long-term savings plans): Voya, Nationwide and Edward Jones.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY:
The County coordinates with Short Term Disability Insurance for regular employees.
The County pays the premium on a $50,000 Group Term Life Insurance policy for regular County employees. The employee pays the premium for optional life insurance.
The County is in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) which is coordinated with Social Security. The employee is responsible for 100% of the employee’s contribution to PERS (approx. 8%). Unused accrued sick leave can be converted to service credit at retirement.
GCMMA employees participate in the Laborers’ International of North America (Industrial) Pension Fund.
Premium pay such as shift differential, bilingual and working-out-of-class pay may be paid depending upon the employee’s work assignment and class.
* Benefits are listed for full-time employees; certain benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, October 7, 2022.
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter
Apply online at: www.countyofglenn.net
The County of Glenn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the Personnel Department.
The above information is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. The County of Glenn has the right to rescind this recruitment at any time.