POSITION: SCHEDULES TECHNICIAN
Position is located at Bus Transit Division, San Rafael, CA
SALARY RANGE: $71,801.60 - $86,715.20 annually plus benefits (40.0 Hour Workweek)
(Employee pays 7% of salary/wage toward CalPERS retirement plan)
Under general supervision, the primary role of the Scheduling Technician is to provide administrative and operational support to various staff members in the Scheduling department. Researches, compiles, prepares, edits and distributes bus transit scheduling and operational data. Compiles, maintains and distributes Scheduling Department information to meet critical deadlines. Performs tasks related to quarterly bus operator bidding process. Performs data entry functions and develops operational reports from various software applications. Ability to work with and manage large data sets. Reviews office procedures and modifies, as necessary, to meet changing administrative demands. Assists with NTD reporting.
- Retrieves and compiles operational and scheduling data from various sources and prepares data for analysis.
- Assigns and schedules daily work of Traffic Checkers including NTD (National Transit Database) surveys, observation checks, as well as routine daily requests.
- Compiles statistical data for fiscal year end reporting to ensure data collected for the NTD Survey Program meets audit requirements. Performs associated data entry and reviews completed reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains various databases, statistical records and prepares invoices for contracted services.
- Creates and distributes deadline sensitive electronic files and operational reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs various functions in software applications including maintaining scheduling calendars, creating daily schedules and retrieving operational and scheduling data for analysis.
- Maintains and updates scheduling and operational files on the District intranet and manages the intranet “user list”.
- Performs Scheduling functions associated with quarterly bus operator bidding. Assists other staff, as needed, to ensure bidding process meets all contractually rules and obligations.
- Assists with the proofing and distribution of internal and external publications.
- Organizes and maintains historical electronic files for the Scheduling Department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Continued):
- Compiles invoice information for monthly and/or quarterly billing and prepares invoices for contracted services.
- Provides administrative support to the Bus Division as needed.
- Coordinates and arranges meeting for the Scheduling Department.
- May be assigned to a special project or other task not specifically listed in the above example of duties consistent with the level of responsibility.
- Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to his or her job.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable performance and attendance is required” as your last bullet.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Statistical data gathering and record keeping methods and techniques. Familiarity and ability to work with database management systems. Use initiative and sound judgment in performance of work duties. Detail oriented
Skills or Ability to:
Research, compile, summarize, and prepare statistical records and reports. Organize and process information; develop logical conclusions and recommend solutions to problems. Perform arithmetic calculations accurately. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships. Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail despite deadlines and frequent changes in work products. Handle exceptions to normal procedures and recommend solutions. Meet on-going deadlines and successfully manage multiple projects and assignments. Learn complex scheduling software.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four (4) years of highly responsible office experience, including two (2) years recent experience in which the primary responsibilities included working with technical and/or statistical data, preferably using MS Windows applications and software programs.
- Knowledge of HASTUS computerized scheduling preferred.
- May require extensive periods performing work on a computer.
- Majority of the work is conducted in an office environment.
- May lift up to 20 pounds (to box and lift files for storage).
- Mobility to work in a typical office setting. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Routine use of computer, telephone and other office equipment.
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The District’s Human Resources Kiosk is available for filling out and submitting your online application and employment documents. The HR kiosk is located at the San Rafael Office. For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
All notices related to District recruitments for which you apply will be sent via email. Please ensure the email address you provide on your application is correct, and add ‘@goldengate.org’ as an accepted address to any email blocking or spam filtering program you may use to ensure receipt of notification from the District regarding your recruitment application. The District is not responsible for notices that are not read, received, or accessed by any applicant for any District recruitment.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- GGBHT Online Employment Application.
- Resume (Scan and attach as PDF to your online application).
SELECTION PROCEDURES may include:
- Skills Assessment Examination
- Oral Panel Interview
- Department Interview for final candidates
- Background, Employment and Security Investigation
* The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process. The District may convene the panel for interview process as needed to establish a reasonable pool of candidates to consider for final rounds of interviews and selection process.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District provides equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons based on merit and other job-related factors without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions) gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Applicants with Disabilities: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants with disabilities to complete the Employment Application and in any job-related examination process. Please contact Human Resources at (415) 257- 4535 to request assistance with an Employment Application. To request a job-related examination process accommodation, please submit your request to Human Resources with sufficient time to allow the District to consider the reasonableness of the request.
Revised: 04/30/2020 AD