Recruitment is open until filled.
Performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of Town water, sewer, street and storm drainage facilities and systems.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including pavement cutting, ditch digging, manhole and line cleaning, main and pipe repair, laying and backfilling.
- Perform routine cleaning, inspection and preventive maintenance of equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety and security standards.
- Maintains Corporation Yard and other Town facilities.
- Responds to residents' requests for service.
- Maintains a variety of records relating to maintenance activity.
- Assists in determining the locations of water, storm drain and sewer lines from the appropriate sources prior to excavation.
- Drives trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of equipment and supplies.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Valid California state driver's license during appointment
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities
- Skill in operation of vehicles and maintenance equipment
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time; work safely
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public
- Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
Water certification and/or Class B license are highly desirable.
This is a temporary, unbenefitted position. Maximum number of hours that can be worked is 29 hours per week, and 960 hours in the fiscal year.