Central County Fire Departmentis recruiting for a Wildland Urban Interface Fuel Reduction Specialist
CCFD is charged with a program to decrease the potential fire fuel in the Town of Hillsborough. The WUI Specialist will be trained to evaluate fuel sources on Hillsborough properties, perform enforcement inspections for compliance with municipal code requirements, and educate residents on ways to mitigate and reduce those sources. We are recruiting for a part time WUI Specialist position. This is a part time position, limited to 20 hours per week, and is not benefitted.
Specifics to the position are:
- May conduct public education presentations
- Under supervision, interpret various federal, state and local fire and life safety codes for the public and make recommendations as needed
- Maintain records pertaining to vegetation and defensible space inspections and actions taken
- Under supervision collect, analyze and evaluate data and prepare comprehensive reports
- Write reports based on field notes
- Issue “Notice and Order” and prepare summary information reports
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and the public using principles of good customer service
- Exercise independent judgment while working under general supervision
- Perform related duties as required
Minimum required qualifications are:
- Principles and Procedures of record keeping
- Software programs used by Fire Department staff
- Department Policies and Procedures
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
- Understand, interpret and apply the California Fire Code, California Building Code and other applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Detect fire hazards and code violations and determine appropriate mitigation measures
- Plan and perform field work
Education and Experience:
- Completion of at least 12 semester units or 18 quarter units from an accredited college/university in forestry, fire science, natural resource management or a closely related subject.
- Six (6) months of experience with a public or private agency performing work in forestry, fire prevention, fire suppression & control, natural resource management or closely related field.
License or Certificate:
- Valid California State Driver’s License
This is a part-time, non-benefitted position.