Search for positions by entering key words in search box below. Use left side navigation to filter by Region, Job Category, Job Type or Salary.
The Department of Public Works is seeking to fill a vacant Carpenter position. This position requires journey-level carpentry skill to maintain and carry out improvements to City owned facilities. The incumbent also needs the ability to recognize the correct tool for the task and be familiar with the safe and effective use of power and hand tools of the carpentry trade. This position is assigned to the Building Trades section of the Citywide Facilities Management Division, and works alongside the various trades consisting of carpentry, lock services, painting, and plumbing.
Electrician I: annual salary range is $80,246.40 - $97,656.00, hourly range is $38.58 - $46.95
Electrician II: annual salary range is $84,302.40 - $102,564.80, hourly range is $40.53 - $49.31
NOTE: The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Electrician classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
- Performs routine cleaning, inspection and preventive maintenance of equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor;
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards;
- Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including pavement cutting, ditch digging, manhole and line cleaning, main and pipe repair, laying and backfilling;
- Cuts, fits, lays, repairs, taps, cleans and flushes water mains, pipes, gates and fittings;
- Repair and installation of irrigation equipment,