The City of Lafayette (pop. 24,000) is recruiting for the position of Senior Transportation Planner. Lafayette prides itself on its vibrant downtown, beautiful tree-studded hillsides and great schools. This position will be part of the team that ensures that Lafayette retains its semi-rural character and “small town” downtown feel.
The Senior Transportation Planner participates in broad spectrum of projects ranging from regional policy planning to multi-modal neighborhood circulation. Immediate challenging opportunities exist for candidates to excel:
- Implement recommendations of a comprehensive study that outlined multi-layer solutions to traffic congestion in the downtown.
- Coordinate, manage and implement projects to improve multi-modal capacity and safety along major traffic corridors,
- Maintain and support transportation programs such as: Walkway & Bikeway Master Plans, Neighborhood Traffic Calming, School Area Traffic Safety.
- Process Transportation Action Requests and manage resident expectations.
The City is seeking a high energy professional who is tactful, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented. Exceptional analytical and communication skills and the ability to write well and persuasively are required. An understanding of the regional political infrastructure and how it affects policy development and implementation is highly desirable. The candidate should have a four-year degree with an emphasis on transportation planning, traffic engineering or civil engineering supplemented by coursework in urban planning, community development, business or public administration, and five years professional experience in a similar field. Working knowledge of fundamental traffic engineering principles is also highly desirable.
The salary range for the position is $90,532 - $119,085 depending on experience and qualifications. Lafayette also provides an attractive benefits package that includes:
- A 401-A retirement plan with City-paid monthly contributions of 10% of salary with the option of a 5% match as well as City-paid social security contributions. Lafayette does not participate in PERS.
- City-subsidized health and dental insurance as well as life insurance and disability insurance.
- 12 paid holidays, 10 days of administrative leave, and up to 20 days of annual vacation, depending on tenure.
- Challenging, interesting work; opportunities for innovation and creativity; family friendly policies; a flexible work environment; and casual dress.
The position will be open until filled. To be considered, you must submit a City of Lafayette Employment Application, plus relevant materials that amplify your qualifications. Please apply online at www.lovelafayette.org/jobs. Email TRobinson@lovelafayette.org for questions.