The mission of the Livermore Area Recreation and Park District is to provide the people of the Livermore area with outstanding recreation programs and a system of parks, trails, recreation areas and facilities that promote enjoyment, lifelong learning and healthy active lifestyles.
Application Start Date: March 11, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Schedule: Hours vary. Must be available to work evenings, Monday-Thursday and late nights on weekends, Friday-Sunday.
Please submit a District application and resume online at https://www.calopps.org/livermore-area-recreation-and-park-district. Applicants who do not submit all required documents may not be considered.
Based upon all submitted materials, the applicants presenting the best job-related qualifications will be invited to proceed in the recruitment process.
Under general supervision, performs custodial duties related to the care and cleaning of assigned facilities; performs a wide variety of duties for events, classes, and programs, including, but not limited to, set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, equipment, and supplies; performs minor maintenance and repairs; and performs related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from supervisory staff and direction from higher-level staff. Exercises direction over lower-level staff.
This is the journey-level classification in the Facility Attendant series; incumbents are responsible for providing custodial and operational support to facilities, events, classes, and programs. Incumbents are expected to work independently and exercise judgment and initiative. Positions at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. This classification is distinguished from the Senior Facility Attendant in that the latter is responsible for providing custodial and operational support in a lead capacity when assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs custodial duties at assigned facilities, including, but not limited to, cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, waxing, stripping, and polishing floors; cleaning furniture, woodwork, fixtures, equipment, supplies, doors, windows, walls, walkways, driveways, and facility grounds; disposing of trash.
- Provides operational support for events, classes, and programs, including, but not limited to, set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects facilities and equipment, reports issues in a timely manner to appropriate higher-level staff; performs minor facility maintenance.
- Monitors and enforces rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains logs and records of activities.
- Receives and responds to questions, concerns, and complaints from patrons; determines issues and resolves or refers to higher-level staff as appropriate.
- Assists with opening, closing, and securing facilities in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participates in required training sessions, including safety drills and other emergency procedures; performs all work in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assists with District special events as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Incumbents work in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to loud noise levels, wet and slippery conditions, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. May work in controlled temperature conditions, cold and hot temperatures, or inclement weather conditions. Incumbents will interact with individuals in interpreting and enforcing rules, policies, and procedures.
Incumbents may be assigned an irregular work schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings, and holidays.
Must possess: mobility, strength, and stamina to perform physical work for extended periods of time; to operate a wide variety of cleaning tools and equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. Finger dexterity needed to operate tools and equipment. Work activities may require standing, walking on uneven and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping, and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 50 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is desirable.
- Experience in custodial and facility operations is desirable.
- Principles and practices of custodial and facility operations.
- Safety practices and equipment related to the work.
- Modern office practices, methods, computer equipment, and applications related to the work.
- Principles and practices of customer service, techniques for providing a high level of customer service.
- Use, operate, and maintain a variety of custodial, audio-visual, and operational equipment.
- Perform minor maintenance duties.
- Follow District policies and procedures related to assigned duties.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Perform work as directed in an efficient, effective, safe, and timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to changing situations.
- Administer first aid, CPR, and AED as needed.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
- At time of appointment, California Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record maintained throughout employment.
- Completion of American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED training within six months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Medical exam and drug testing clearance.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation throughout the selection process. Request for reasonable accommodation during the selection process may be made by contacting the Human Resources Office prior to the final filing date.
LARPD is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.