The City of Livermore is currently accepting applications for the position of City Clerk. Apply online at www.cityoflivermore.net/jobs by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 19, 2018.
The City Clerk is a division head classification reporting to the Administrative Service Director and is a participating member of the City’s leadership team. The Division is comprised of four positions with a $790 thousand dollar budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
Position specific duties include the following:
- City Election Official - oversees local consolidated elections and ensures compliance with conflict of interest laws and Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) regulations;
- Prepares City Council agenda, coordinates posting of agendas, and prepares official Minutes of the proceedings;
- Ensures accurate and up-to-date filing of City ordinances, resolutions, agreements, and minutes of City Council, commissions and committees;
- Maintains City compliance with the Brown Act, Political Reform Act, Public Records Act and Conflict of Interest Codes;
- Oversees the City’s Records Management Program and maintains legal custody of official City records and documents;
- Provides administrative oversight of the City's nine advisory bodies, City Historian and Poet Laureate;
- Conducts civil marriage ceremonies and operates passport application acceptance facility;
- Program Manager for the City's local government academy - Key to the City; and
- Supervises the City Clerk’s office staff and coordinates Office responsibilities with other City departments.
The ideal candidate will exemplify the following knowledge, experience and characteristics:
- Advanced knowledge of the procedures of a City Clerk’s office, principles and practices of municipal government administration, Brown Act, legal and administrative procedures relating to municipal record keeping and records management, regulatory issues, and campaign disclosure requirements;
- Proven experience running an election process as well as providing competent, neutral services to candidates;
- Foster a strong customer service culture in serving the City Council, City organization, and the community;
- Exhibit keen attention to detail and timely communication and responsiveness to ensure a high quality of work;
- Knowledge and experience in progressive technology and implementation of innovative solutions in relation to the services of a City Clerk's office; and
- Ability to work collaboratively with the City Manager and City Attorney and work closely with City departments as an integral member of the City’s leadership team.
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge and skills necessary to fill the role as described in this brochure will be acceptable. The ideal candidate will be expected to have three years of experience performing duties of a City Clerk, Assistant/Deputy City Clerk; Education equivalent to Associate’s degree in public or business administration or related area; and Certification as a Municipal Clerk (CMC) by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks is desirable.
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.