The City of Livermore is currently accepting application for the position of Police Officer Trainee. If you possess the ability to make sound decisions in emergency and non-emergency situations and have a strong desire to make a difference in the Livermore community, this is the opportunity for you. Apply online at www.cityoflivermore.net/jobs to be considered.
- Trainees are sent to a police academy and receive paid training ($32.73/per hour and benefits) while attending (Note: Salary includes a 3.5% increase effective on 4/29/19)
- Upon graduation, Trainees become Police Officers and on-the-job field training is provided by highly qualified Field Training Officers
- Police Officers patrol the streets of Livermore, enforce law and order, conduct investigations, and solve crimes
- Police Officers receive departmental support for ongoing training and continuing education
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Values and possesses high ethical and professional standards
- Desires to help those in need and to make a difference in the community
- Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations that will impact lives
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to protecting and improving the quality of life for the Livermore community
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of appointment:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Be honest and of good moral character
- Be a United States citizen
- Be free from illegal drug use - All applicants must be free of illegal drug use for a minimum of three years prior to application.
- Possess a high school diploma or meet P.O.S.T. GED standards - College education or honorable discharge from the military is highly desirable.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record as determined by a background investigation.
- Other Requirements: View all essential requirements online at: www.cityoflivermore.net/jobs
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity and supports workforce diversity.