The City of Livermore is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Dispatcher - Lateral. Apply online at www.LivermoreCA.gov to be considered. This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time.
Public Safety Dispatchers receive 9-1-1 system emergency and non-emergency calls and dispatch assignments according to police procedures. Dispatchers also provide support services; maintain records; and may be assigned to assist in processing of arrested persons.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, & characteristics:
- High energy and excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills which are required to succeed in this fast paced emergency environment
- A genuine interest in serving the needs of others and the community
- A willingness to learn new tasks as well as perform routine tasks at an optimal level of performance
- Team oriented and an effective communicator
- Willingness and ability to work 11 hour shifts on a 4-11 work schedule
- Meet the City's keyboarding standard of 35 net words per minute
Experience: Two years of experience involving heavy public contact while performing multiple tasks and using a computer. To be eligible for the Public Safety Dispatcher - Lateral position, you must be currently employed as an emergency dispatcher with a police agency and have completed the probationary period.
Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school. College course work in communications, business administration, or a related field are desirable.
Certifications: Possession of the CA POST Public Safety Dispatching Certificate is required at time of appointment to be eligible for this lateral recruitment.
Other and Special Requirements: Willingness and ability to work any shift in a 24 hour period, and holidays, weekends, scheduled and emergency overtime; view all other essential requirements on-line at www.LivermoreCA.gov.
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.