We are a world class organization proudly serving a world class community. Just as the county of Yuba and other surrounding unique communities are rich with history and overflowing with constant change and growth, so is the Marysville Police Department. We are building an organization of outstanding individuals focused on excellence in everything we do.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. Individuals who are committed to working with their community in total partnership as we work together to improve the quality of life for everyone who works, lives and plays in our county. We are a diversified police department that fully embraces the philosophy of community oriented policing and merges that with our primary focus of creating a safe and secure community. We are a crime-fighting organization focused on rooting out that small group of individuals among us who break the law.
Take a hard look at our organization: if you are truly committed to making a difference in people’s lives and looking to live a life of service within a high-performing agency in a community that loves and respects its police department, consider joining us.
We are a demanding organization. We strive to be the premier law enforcement agency in the Western United States and want only the best officers. For those few selected to join our team, we offer a benefit package including educational incentives and the opportunity to work in every aspect of policing from crime scene forensics to being a member of the SWAT team, motor unit and K9.
Come, check us out and see if you have what it takes to join our elite team of leaders.
Qualified candidates must be citizens of the United States at or prior to appointment, must be at least 21 years of age and possess the following:
- Proof of completion of High School or equivalent.
- Employment as a Peace Officer in the State of California within the last three years or graduation from an academy within the last three years. Current enrollment in an academy is also qualifying.
- A valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions as listed below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A qualified candidate must be in good physical condition with weight in proportion to height and build.
Must possess no less than 20/100 uncorrected vision in both eyes, correctable to 20/50 in both eyes and possess the ability to discriminate color; and, possess normal hearing acuity.
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 5% Bachelor's Degree Education Incentive
- 5% Detective's Incentive Pay
- Court Appearance Time
- Longevity Pay 6% max over 8 years
- $1000/yr Uniform Allowance
- CalPERS Classic Members: 3% @ 50 formula; CalPERS New Members: 2.7% @ 57 formula. Employees pay the 9% member contribution and an additional 5% of the employer contribution.
- Deferred Compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Annual Leave Bank: combined vacation and sick leave
- Holiday Pay
- Standard 4/3 - 3/4 Work Schedule
A copy of a Basic POST Certificate (for lateral), an academy completion certificate (for academy graduate), or proof of current enrollment (for academy pre-graduate) and college transcripts (as applicable), must be submitted at the time of application.
A Personal History Statement (PHS) must be submitted at the time of application. Applicants not providing a PHS may be disqualified.
Resumes may be attached but are not accepted in lieu of an official City employment application.
Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in selection testing, which may include a written assessment, and oral interview. Selected candidates will participate in a thorough background investigation, a psychological suitability evaluation, and a medical suitability evaluation.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.