The City of Menlo Park is currently accepting applications for the Recreation Leader (Part-Time, Temporary) position for Menlo Madness Summer Day Camps.
This position will work 30-40 hours per week (not to exceed 1,000 hours per year), Monday – Friday, starting on June 11th through August 15th. Work hours will vary between 8 AM to 6 PM.
Essential Job Duties
- Conduct daily camp operations including activities, field trips, special events, and oversee a group of children.
- Ability to take direction from camp director and other senior camp staff.
- Ability to lead, supervise and engage children ages 3-12.
- Facilitate safe, memorable and positive camp experiences.
- Must collaborate and cooperate with fellow staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants and parents.
- Actively contribute and participate in opening and closing assemblies and roll call.
- Required to attend staff trainings and all weekly staff meetings.
- Must be 16 Years or older
- Previous camp or recreation experience preferred
- Aptitude in sports, arts & crafts, indoor & outdoor games, music, cooking, dance, swimming is desired
- Candidate should be energetic, reliable, flexible and hands-on
- Excellent communication skills and genuine passion for working with children a MUST
- First Aid & CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification required
- Must be available for training June 11th through the 15th, the majority of the 8-week camp session, and July 4th for City special event
This is a non-benefitted, temporary position. Employees will receive sick leave in accordance with State Law.