This position will assist with City of Menlo Park special events during their employment. Applicant must be able to take initiative, be responsible and correct errors as needed. Good interpersonal communication skills, the ability to think critically and the flexibility to work both independently and within a group environment are required. Must be a quick learner with the ability to assess situations and make sound, independent decisions and the ability to perform complex tasks without detailed supervision. Must also have strong computer skills, presentations skills and the ability to speak, write and effectively communicate fluently.
- Strong organization and intrapersonal skills, ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse populations, co-workers and customers.
- Experience with Microsoft programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher
- Experience with Social Media
- Experience with Photoshop or InDesign a plus
- Experience with reservation software a plus
- Must have valid California Driver’s License
- Assist with community events including event planning, marketing, directing staff, and acquiring and utilizing supplies.
- Oversee various projects consisting of events, theater programs, tennis courts, etc.
- Actively participate on various committees as needed.
- Assist with Gym Front Desk responsibilities including: Drop-in Basketball/Volleyball, picnic/tennis reservations and tennis key purchases.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
20-30 hours per week, hours are flexible. Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends Position start date is reasonably flexible, but anticipated for Late January 2019
This is a non-benefited temporary position. A temporary employee may not work more than 1000 hours per year and will receive sick leave in accordance with State Law.
This recruitment will be continuously screened and candidates may be asked to come in for interviews until the position is filled.