The City of Mill Valley is seeking a self-directed problem-solver with high standards for quality and a solid commitment to public service.
Under limited supervision, the Project Manager performs a wide range of management functions to deliver assigned projects. Typical functions include, but are not limited to planning, development, scheduling, budgeting and implementation of assigned projects. The position plans, coordinates, administers and manages multiple Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), complex specialized projects or programs as assigned. This position also provides administrative, professional and technical assistance to the director, staff and members of the public as required.
Typical project assignments may include:
· Streets and Sanitary Sewers Rehabilitation Program
· City parks and facility restoration/rebuilding projects
· Corridor and Traffic control plan
· Landslide Repairs Program
· Curb, gutter, sidewalk and curb-ramp rehabilitation
This position is open until filled. The primary filing deadline/first review is 11:59 P.M. Sunday, April 7, 2019. *Applications will continue to be received and accepted after this date.
Please be sure to upload your Cover Letter and Resume when you apply, this is a requirement.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of six years of project management or contract administration experience in the public or private sector for public infrastructure projects; two of the six years are preferred to have been in a supervisory role. A degree in engineering, architecture, planning, business, finance, public administration, or a closely related field is preferred along with a certification in one or more of the following: project management (PMP), engineering (EIT/PE), architecture, or planning (AICP).
- Leave – the City provides a generous leave package:
- 14 holidays and floating holidays/personal days
- 2 to 5 weeks of vacation leave based upon years of service
- “9/80” work schedule (optional)
- Up to 5 days of Administrative Leave
- Health Insurance – City provides the full premium for the Kaiser Family Plan or the equivalent thereof for employees who elect Health Net HMO or Health Net PPO.
- Dental Insurance – City provides the full premium for Delta Dental
- New employees with no prior CalPERS service or have a break in CalPERS service of 6 months or more: 2% @ 62
- New employees who are “classic” CalPERS members and do not have a break in service of more than 6 months: 2% @ 55
- 457 Deferred Compensation – the City offers up to $600/year in matching contributions toward deferred compensation
- Other – the City also pays the premium for Long-Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance ($50,000)
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form via CalOpps, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participate in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include on or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033 x4835.