Are you looking for a great opportunity to connect with your community while investing in your future? Do you want to see first-hand what it’s like to engage in active, multi-generational work that directly contributes to the well-being of our greater Mill Valley community? If you answered yes, then you belong with Mill Valley Recreation! With our team, you will create memorable experiences while cultivating new and lasting connections within our greater Southern Marin Community. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn through consistent, quality training and, apply your learning through direct hands-on experience.
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, performs lifeguard duties, enforces all rules and regulations pertaining to the safety and well-being of visitors and patrons. Perform related work as required, may include light cleaning and janitorial.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Active scanning and patron surveillance, practice preventive Lifeguarding.
- Enforce all rules and regulations.
- Recognize and respond professionally to emergencies, provide care as indicated under the scope of training, including activating EAP.
- Assume assigned duties connected with care and maintenance of the facility.
- Maintain certain pool records and reports as required.
- Provide basic maintenance, equipment care and chemical pool testing.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other city employees, other agencies, and the general public.
- Actively attend and participate in required staff training and in-service drills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- The ability to speak English clearly and understandably.
- Perform related duties as required.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Must possess current Lifeguard Certification, which includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Lifeguard First Aid.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and react quickly to emergencies.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. Candidates must be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency and providing care according to the level of training.
- Certifications - Has certifications or is willing to obtain certifications within 2 weeks of obtaining job.
- Availability to work flexible hours outside of a typical workday (weeknights and weekends)
- Customer Service oriented (patient and responsive)
- Attention to Detail
- Prompt, timely
- Enjoys the opportunity to get moving and away from the desk while they work
- Opportunity to work in a wonderful facility with supportive colleagues.
- Receive a membership to our Aquatic and Fitness Center with employment.
- Receive discounts to programs, please ask hiring staff more about how to qualify for this opportunity.
The City of Mill Valley utilizes CalOpps.org to accept and process employment applications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participant in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033x4835.