Are you looking for a great opportunity to connect with your community while investing in your future? Do you want to see first-hand what it’s like to engage in active, multi-generational work that directly contributes to the well-being of our greater Mill Valley community? If you answered yes, then you belong with Mill Valley Recreation! With our team, you will create memorable experiences while cultivating new and lasting connections within our greater Southern Marin Community. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn through consistent, quality training and, apply your learning through direct hands-on experience.
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, provide for the well-being and safety of children in a nurturing environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication with children and parents.
- Manage the task of checking in and checking out each child to the proper guardian.
- Supervise play activities and ensure the safety of the children during such activities.
- Encourage good behavior and appropriate manners.
- Encourage active play, read books and provide a safe and nurturing environment.
- Practice proper hygiene, with self and children, to deter the spread of disease (colds, flu, etc).
- Clean and disinfect, tables, counter, toys and other frequently handled objects.
- Respond professionally to emergencies, provide care according to the level of training.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and build positive relationships with other staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Perform related duties as required.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education, training, and experience, which likely provides the required knowledge, abilities, and CPR within 3 months of hire.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. Candidates must possess a current CPR/AED and First Aid certificate and be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency.
- Certifications - Has certifications or is willing to obtain certifications within 2 weeks of obtaining job.
- Availability to work flexible hours outside of a typical workday (weeknights and weekends)
- Customer Service oriented (patient and responsive)
- Attention to Detail
- Prompt, timely
- Enjoys the opportunity to get moving and away from the desk while they work
- Opportunity to work in a wonderful facility with supportive colleagues.
- Receive a membership to our Aquatic and Fitness Center with employment.
- Receive discounts to programs, please ask hiring staff more about how to qualify for this opportunity.
The City of Mill Valley utilizes CalOpps.org to accept and process employment applications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participate in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033x4835.