This position is open until filled.
First review of applications will be October 7, 2019. Applications may continue to be accepted after this date.
The City of Mill Valley seeks applicants for the position of Associate Engineer. Mill Valley is a wonderful place to work and you will find ample opportunity to identify and take on projects and programs that will further you career. The engineering team features seasoned professionals who enjoy a collegiate and collaborative work environment while serving our residents needs.
Under direction of the Supervising Senior Engineer, the Associate Engineer performs engineering services in the public setting, collaborating with multiple stakeholders. Examples of assignments include:
- Serves as lead for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Responds to public inquiries regarding topics such as retaining walls, storm drains, right of way encroachments, etc.
- Coordinates Steps, Lanes and Path activities and projects
- Reviews and addresses traffic operational and safety concerns
- Reviews planning projects and building permits for code compliance, impact on City's facilities, and recommends conditions of approval
Please be sure to upload your Cover Letter and Resume when you apply, this is a requirement.
- Leave – the City provides a generous leave package:
- 14 holidays and floating holidays/personal days
- 2 to 5 weeks of vacation leave based upon years of service
- “9/80” work schedule (optional)
- Health Insurance – City provides the full premium for the Kaiser Family Plan or the equivalent thereof for employees who elect Health Net HMO or Health Net PPO.
- Dental Insurance – City provides the full premium for Delta Dental
- New employees with no prior CalPERS service or have a break in CalPERS service of 6 months or more: 2% @ 62
- New employees who are “classic” CalPERS members and do not have a break in service of more than 6 months: 2.5% @ 55
- 457 Deferred Compensation – the City offers up to $600/year in matching contributions toward deferred compensation
- Other – the City also pays the premium for Long-Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance ($50,000). Additionally, the City features many other perks including free or reduced fees for gym and pool access, recreation programs, etc.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form via CalOpps, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participate in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include on or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033 x4835.