Are you looking for a great opportunity to connect with your community while investing in your future? Do you want to see first-hand what it’s like to engage in active, multi-generational work that directly contributes to the well-being of our greater Mill Valley community? If you answered yes, then you belong with Mill Valley Recreation! With our team, you will create memorable experiences while cultivating new and lasting connections within our greater Southern Marin Community. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn through consistent, quality training and, apply your learning through direct hands-on experience.
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, responsibilities will include but not be limited to light office tasks, customer service, set up and take down of facility equipment and janitorial tasks. Perform related work as required. This is a part-time, year-round position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Supervise, direct and motivate subordinate staff, facility attendants and from time to time field monitors as well as ability to lead these groups through complex tasks, projects, set ups, etc.
- Set up and take down tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, and other related material and equipment.
- Greet public and provide general information for all Recreation department classes, programs, and events.
- Daily janitorial/maintenance duties such as routine and special cleaning of restrooms, community center rooms (i.e. wipe counters, vacuum floors, sweep walkways, empty trash receptacles, replace paper products and litter pick-up).
- Monitors guest activities in the community center and enforce all rules, regulations and safety principals.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures for the entire Community Center. • Occasionally assist with the coordination and execution of Department-sponsored outdoor events or classes. • Maintain records and reports as required.
- Enforce all rules, regulations and safety principals.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to take the lead in completing assignments when working with a partner or on a team.
- Respond professionally to emergencies, provide care as indicated under the scope of training.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and build positive relationships with other staff.
- Actively attend and participate in required staff training.
- Reads and follows diagrams and instruction written in English.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Perform related duties as required.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, abilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to react quickly to emergencies and perform required lifesaving skills.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. Candidates must be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency and providing care according to the level of training.
Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. The employee must satisfactorily complete an evaluatory period before obtaining regular status. Candidates must be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency and providing care according to the level of training.
- Certifications - Has certifications or is willing to obtain certifications within 4 weeks of obtaining job.
- Availability to work flexible hours outside of a typical workday (weeknights and weekends).
- Customer Service oriented (patient and responsive).
- Attention to Detail.
- Prompt, timely.
- Enjoys the opportunity to get moving and away from the desk while they work.
- Opportunity to work in a wonderful facility with supportive colleagues.
- Receive a membership to our Aquatic and Fitness Center with employment.
- Receive discounts to programs, please ask hiring staff more about how to qualify for this opportunity.
The City of Mill Valley utilizes CalOpps.org to accept and process employment applications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participant in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033x4835.