Are you looking for a great opportunity to connect with your community while investing in your future? Do you want to see first-hand what it’s like to engage in active, multi-generational work that directly contributes to the well-being of our greater Mill Valley community? If you answered yes, then you belong with Mill Valley Recreation! With our team, you will create memorable experiences while cultivating new and lasting connections within our greater Southern Marin Community. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn through consistent, quality training and, apply your learning through direct hands-on experience
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under general supervision, provide instruction and assistance to visitors in the fitness center, enforces all rules and regulations pertaining to the safety and well being of all patrons. Perform related work as required.
Fitness Floor Shift times: Monday-Friday 3:30-6:30pm
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: The following duties are essential to the success of this position: • Learn basic operation instruction for fitness equipment and teach these techniques to visitors.
• Monitor guests activities in the fitness center • Clean, sanitize and ensure that fitness equipment is working properly • Organize and ensure that fitness floor is orderly, and all equipment is stored safely • Enforce all rules, regulations, and safety principals • Answer any general questions from patrons and providing information on fitness programs • Assume assigned duties connected with care and maintenance of facility • Maintain certain fitness center records and reports as required • Deal tactfully and courteously with the public • Respond professionally to emergencies • Perform related duties as required
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, abilities and CPR within 3 months of hire.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. Candidates must be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency and providing care according to the level of training.
- Certifications - Has certifications or is willing to obtain certifications within 2 weeks of obtaining job.
- Availability to work flexible hours outside of a typical workday (weeknights and weekends)
- Customer Service oriented (patient and responsive)
- Attention to Detail
- Prompt, timely
- Enjoys the opportunity to get moving and away from the desk while they work
- Opportunity to work in a wonderful facility with supportive colleagues.
- Receive a membership to our Aquatic and Fitness Center with employment.
- Receive discounts to programs, please ask hiring staff more about how to qualify for this opportunity.
The City of Mill Valley utilizes CalOpps.org to accept and process employment applications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form, but should accompany the application. Interviews will typically be scheduled 1 - 2 weeks after application submission. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participant in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033x4835.