ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recreation Leader I position is responsible for providing high-level programs and services through the Parks and Recreation Department, which provides concrete, positive experiences for youth and which promotes qualities that are essential to raising successful young people. Recreation Leaders I are responsible for implementing the curriculum for the Town day camp program, which offers youth daily activities, including arts, crafts, games, field trips and special events. This position may also work additional seasonal events for the Parks and Recreation Department throughout the year.
Summer Camp Program Dates: June 11 - August 10, 2018
*** Position Open Until Filled ***
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and lead arts, crafts and games according to the theme of the week.
• Serve as a mentor and role model to campers.
• Work as part of a team of leaders.
• Safely and appropriately supervise campers.
• Use positive discipline and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
• Perform duties within OSHA health and safety standards.
• Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
• Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and organized.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Mobility to work in a standard, active camp setting.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Maintain valid Class C California driver’s license.
• Possess current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to become certified (Training provided by Town)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Experience: One (1) year work experience preferred. Experience in a customer service-oriented environment or in youth recreational activities a plus.
Education: Enrolled in, or graduated from, high school.
There are no benefits for part-time, temporary-seasonal positions (except paid sick leave per AB 1522).