ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recreation Leader II position is responsible for administering high-level programs and services through the Parks and Recreation Department, which provides concrete, positive experiences for youth and which promotes qualities that are essential to raising successful young people. The Recreation Leader II is responsible for creating and implementing the curriculum for the Town’s day camp program, which offers youth daily activities, including arts, crafts, games, field trips and special events; and for on-site supervision of staff and day camp participants. This position may also work additional seasonal events for the Parks and Recreation Department throughout the year.
Summer Camp Program Dates: June 11 - August 10, 2018
*** Position Open Until Filled ***
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate camp activity rotation schedule and site logistics to ensure efficient operations.
• Maintain adequate inventory of camp supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines.
• Supervise and mentor Recreation Leaders I including adherence to Town policies and procedures.
• Plan and lead arts, crafts and games according to the theme of the week.
• Safely and appropriately supervise campers.
• Use positive discipline and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
• Serve as a mentor and role model to campers.
• Work as part of a team of leaders.
• Perform duties within OSHA health and safety standards.
• Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
• Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and organized.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Mobility to work in a standard, active camp setting.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Maintain valid Class C California driver’s license.
• Possess current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to become certified
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Experience: Three (3) years work experience, preferably in a customer service-oriented environment or in youth recreational activities.
Education: High school graduate.
There are no benefits for part-time, temporary-seasonal positions (except paid sick leave per AB 1522).