ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recreation Leader II position is responsible for providing high-level programs and services through the Parks and Recreation Department which provide concrete, positive experiences for youth and which promote qualities that are essential to raising successful young people. Recreation Leaders (II) are responsible for creating and implementing the curriculum for the Town’s day camp program which offer youth daily activities, including arts, crafts, games, field trips, and special events. This position is responsible for supervision of part-time staff and day camp participants. This position may also work additional seasonal events for the Parks and Recreation Department throughout the year.
Summer Camp Program Dates: June 10 - August 09, 2019
*** Position Open Until Filled ***
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead arts, crafts and games according to the theme of the week.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to campers.
- Work as part of a team of leaders.
- Safely and appropriately supervise campers on and off-site.
- Use positive discipline and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Monitor supplies and create weekly supply list.
- Perform duties within OSHA health and safety standards.
- Coordinate camp activity rotation schedule and site logistics to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines.
- Supervise and mentor Recreation Leaders (I) and Counselors in Training, including adherence to Town policies and procedures.
• Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
• Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and organized.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Mobility to work in a standard, active camp setting.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative and organized.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Education and Experience
Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Generally, this will require:
Experience: Three (3) years’ work experience, preferably in a customer service-oriented environment or in youth recreational activities.
Education: Enrolled in, or graduated from, high school.
License or Certificate
- Valid Class C California driver’s license.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate or ability to obtain certificate
There are no benefits for part-time, temporary-seasonal positions (except paid sick leave per AB 1522).