ABOUT THE POSITION
The Recreation Leader I position is responsible for providing high-level programs and services through the Parks and Recreation Department which provide concrete, positive experiences for youth and which promote qualities that are essential to raising successful young people. Recreation Leaders (I) are responsible for implementing the curriculum for the Town’s recreation programs which offer youth daily activities, including arts, crafts, games, field trips, and special events. This position may also work additional seasonal events for the Parks and Recreation Department throughout the year.
School year position: Support and assist students with homework, long-distance learning plans, and provide supplemental enrichment activities and supervised outdoor opportunities.
*** Position Open Until Filled ***
EXAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely and appropriately supervise students in school like setting.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to students.
- Assist students with school work
- Plan & lead age appropriate arts, crafts, games, and other enrichment activities.
- Work as part of a team of leaders.
- Use positive discipline and communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Perform duties within OSHA health and safety standards.
- Follow proper cleaning/sanitizing procedures daily
Job Announcement URL:
• Experience working with youth in a recreation setting.
• Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and organized.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Mobility to work in a standard, active recreation setting.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Minimum age for employment is 16 years. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a work permit.
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: One (1) year work experience, preferably in a customer service-oriented environment or in youth recreational activities.
Education: Enrolled in, or graduated from, high school.
License or Certificates:
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate or ability to obtain certificate
There are no benefits for part-time, temporary-seasonal positions (except paid sick leave per AB 1522).